Shackled City - Chapter I

hippocrachus

First Post
Hearing the warrior question his upbringing, Orpheus drops the thug and gives the man before him an incredulous look.
"Speak for yourself! Perhaps one so spoiled wouldn't turn down help that is offered him!" he says, the accusations of prejudice clear in his voice. He looks to the half-orc with angry eyes panged with compassion and then back at the warrior.
"Her motives are no more selfish than yours, why question her?" he asks, pain taking the bite out of his conviction.

(OOC: The bard is just angry 'cause he got stabbed by someone he offered peace to. No offense is meant or taken. Let's agree to stop apologizing for actions IC... Come on guys, we've worked together long enough to know it's all just in good fun :D )

Verbatim

Explorer
"Spoiled...spoiled....you think I am spoiled? You truly have no idea do you...no concept of what blackness can lurks behind the faces of those who would seek to pass themselves off as angels...

Stopping himself abruptly, Zeric drew in a deep breath and tried to settle his nerves, as well as his tongue.

~They did come to your aide...they have offered only to help after you asked them to assist you...you brought them in on this, not they you...~

Closing his eyes for a moment, Zeric opened them and looked to the strangers once more, trying to diffuse a situation that he himself caused.

"If someone has rope, then I agree that it would be in our best interest to secure them, if not, their belts will have to do until we get to the temple. The one that sought to challenge me with his steel has gone to meet his maker, these two fared a more gentle fate.

Turning to face the dandy, Zeric noticed the slight point to his ears and almond shaping of his eyes.

~That would explain the clothes and his yelling...~

"While you may think I harbor some malice towards you all, you are wrong. I have simply learned the hard way that not everyone is truly who they claim to be, nor does everyone seek to help out their fellow man out of compassion. However, while you may not share my views, I ask that you respect them, as I will make it a point to try to respect yours. Anything more than that, I can not offer...

Zeric leaned down and quickly took the man's sword belt from around his waist and used it to lash the man's hands together, almost hoping that the spell would expire before his task was complete giving him a reason to hit something to finish expelling his frustrations at being attacked.

kirinke

First Post
Alinis smiles as she helps bind the prisoners. "If I was in your position, I too would be a bit suspicious. And I personally have a perfectly valid ulterior motive for helping you. I need a job. Preferably a honorable paying one," she grinned as she ripped apart the thug's shirt and used the resulting long fabric strands to securely tie the guy up. After she tied up the thug, she searches him, removing anything that could possibly be used for a weapon.

hippocrachus

First Post
No longer interested in the argument, Orpheus regards the warrior calmly.
"I understand treachery well; I just choose to judge people by their actions..." he adds - needing the last word in all things - as he once again lifts the thug off the ground. He allows the honor of tying him up to be done by someone more knowledgeable in the matter.

(OOC: I'm hurt, Verbatim. I went to all that trouble to write up a good description and you think he dresses like a dandy*)

*Not serious. It's hard to be a smarta$$ sometimes...sigh :p

Verbatim

Explorer
Nodding at the elvish woman's request for payment for her help, Zeric waited until she had finished searching the body and spoke as she looked up.

"While I can not speak for the Cuthbertians, I can speak for myself. As far as I am concerned, any coins and equipment they carry are yours for the taking. Once we get to the church, who knows what Priestess Urikas will want to do from there."

Once the men were secured, Zeric tapped the man-mountain on the face trying to wake him up.

"Time to wake up murderer...there are those who will be very interested in speaking with you..."

Once the man woke up, Zeric made sure he was able to walk and began leading them all towards the church, as well as Priestess Urikas.

~Hopefully she will have some reason to all the chaos that is around me...~

(OOC: No problem and the fault is all mine actually, I saw artisan and thought it was courtisan...*L*)

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas stands staring at his hands, not noting the goings on around him.
He looks up and gives his name, noting somewhere that names have already been given.
“Machera, Elyas Machera…. Im Elyas… o sorry I sad that already“ and looks back down at his hands and than at the female Elf binding the thugs.
“Did, I, did we kill theme….. I’ve never killed any one.. we didn’t kill theme did we”

Elyas slumps down.
“I didn’t mean to, it was just instinct, they where attacking that man and than the other one climbed up the wall.”

Last edited:

Jarval

Explorer
"One is dead, but the other two sleep." Kiyoshi tells Elyas. Then, uncertain at his own words, he makes his way over to the fallen man to see if there is any spark of life remaining.

(OoC: Heal check on the guy Zeric whacked (Heal +6), trying to stabilise, if he's still alive. Failing that, I'll cast a Cure Minor Wounds on him, again assuming he's not dead.)

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus looks to his fellow half-elf sympathetically.
"No one blames you for the things you do out of necessity, Elyas," he says as he passes him, following the warrior to the church of Saint Cuthbert...or wherever.

Manzanita

First Post
Raven

Raven seems a bit taken aback by the conversation. "You don't all know each other then?" She puts her hand on Zeric's shoulder. "Suspicion is well warrented. I wouldn't trust me too far myself." She observes the rough binding of the prisoners. "I'll follow discretely as we head to the temple. I want to make sure we're not followed."

Remove ads