• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shackled City - Chapter I

Verbatim

Explorer
As the man spat on his boots, Zeric felt his blood begin to boil and before he could stop himself, he heard himself speaking in the dark tongue of the Abyss and felt the power of the curse building inside of him.

Reaching out and grabbing the man by the throat, Zeric unleashed the dark energy that had built inside of him into the arrogant thug.

(Will save of DC 13 or more to resist curse)

Keeping his hand on the man's throat, Zeric held him tightly, the others in the room quickly fading from his mind as his rage at the man gripped him.

"You would do well to fear the enemy who is at hand far more than one who is not around. While the priests and others will show mercy to you, I am not their lapdog, nor do I feel bound by the same moral obligations as they do. You have kidnapped children and are protecting the ones who bade you to do it, and for that, I should cave in all your skulls where you stand."

Sliding his free hand down to his morning star, Zeric grabbed his morningstar and quickly slammed it into the knee of the man he was facing, holding nothing back in his swing.

"Now, I will ask you again. Who sent you to attack me, and why do they not want the church involved."

(ooc: I know usually intimidate rerolls don't work, but I'm hoping the curse will lower his resistance, as would a bit of pain from a hopefully shattered kneecap...:) Ya know...Shield style.)

kirinke

First Post
Alinis surges to her feet, and grips Zeric's shoulder, keeping him from doing more harm. "Evil in the name of Good is still Evil my friend." she murmurs. "Control yourself," she looks at the man moaning on the ground.

"Were I you, I would tell him what you know. Whomever your true employer is, he, she or it is not worth protecting." she told the thug grimly. "I do not believe I can keep him back," she adds.

Jarval

Explorer
Within seconds of Zeric's blow falling, Kiyoshi is on his feet and has interposed his quarterstaff between the man and his target.

"Do that again, and I'll send you to sleep just as soundly as I did these men." There's no threat to his words, just a simple statement of fact. He keeps his eyes locked with those of the much taller Zeric, and uses his staff to gently push the morningstar down.

hippocrachus

First Post
Orpheus gives a humorless laugh at Zeric's actions and furrows his brow with impatience. He walks over to the interrogated and makes sure to give Zeric a gentle push out of his way.
"Let me do the talking, killer," he says in a calming voice, eyes still stern.
He looks to the thug with a businessman expression.
"You alright?" he asks as if the man was an old friend. "Look, you just go ahead and relax until the priests get here. Then we'll have them make you talk..."

(Diplomacy +6 to try and coax something out of him)

Dhes

Explorer
Elyas drops his book in statement at the sudden surge of anger by the big man.
As he sees the rest of the party put themselves between Zeric and the man, Elyas puts a hand on the Morningstar, not sure if it will stop Zeric from swinging it at the man.
“Please control your self, its not you’re place to pas judgment. “
“I’m sure you’re still capable of swinging this thing with me holding on to it but I won’t be part to murder.”

Majin

First Post
The man howls in pain as Zeric hits him with his morningstar, the scream echoing through the high-ceilinged walls of the temple. The thug grits his teeth and breathes harshly for a few moments, trying to regain his normality. He then slowly looks up and scans the party members silently, his gaze lasting the longest on the hooded figure of Raven, studying her. He then turns back to Zeric and opens his mouth to speak before he is interrupted.

"That is not the way we do things here, Legate Zeric," Priestess Urikas says as she enters the room, her voice calm, but a slight look of concen.

Last edited:

kirinke

First Post
Alinis lets go of Zeric's shoulder, but is still ready to jump the man if he decides to have more 'fun' with the prisoners. She smiles at the priestess. "Hello," she said politely, acutely aware of the strained situation.

Jarval

Explorer
The situation now seeming to be under control, Kiyoshi lowers his staff and takes a couple of steps away from Zeric. He looks at the newly arrived priestess with interest, and speaks up.

"This man... Zeric, am I right?... was provoked." Kiyoshi says in the human's defence. "These men we apprehended attacked Zeric earlier this evening, and then proceed to make treats towards orphans. I think they are an evil lot."

Remove ads