Shackled City - Life's Bazaar

Cry Havoc

First Post
Ankh-Morpork Guard said:
((Before Fenrik acts...have to ask for a Spot check to see if he can determine the gender of the others. Yes, he's the bad. :)))

<Fenrik, Spot Check>
<Aleria, Hide Check>

IC: Fenrik glances around him, and notices that he is not the only one who has reacted to the sounds of the alleyway scuffle. He sees a thin, shaven-headed man dressed in gray; a bald dwarf with golden-tan skin and luxuriant chestnut beard; and a taller-than-average elf with patchy green clothes and scarred face.

No females to be seen at the moment... ;)

-CH

((...stupid hiding!!))

After getting a look at the situation, Fenrik sighed. Alright. Fine. Plan B. If there weren't any women around, he'd show off as much as possible in hopes to attract attention. Then he heard Shan speak.

Fenrik cursed. Beaten! And a witty remark, too!! Alright then, time to show HIM up. Walking out into plain sight and drawing his rapier in a bowing motion, Fenrik smiled proudly to the man with the badly applied make-up, "I doubt he could have applied that himself. Perhaps his husband assisted him," a grin grew on his face, despite the generally scruffy-wet look of him at the moment, "Hey!" he called to the others assisting the make-up man, "Which one of you helped him? Don't be shy now!"

Ryltar

First Post
Thalon snarled and strained his eyes, his superior vision allowing him to see through the gloom, trying to measure the three attackers and determine if there were any more hidden somewhere along the alley.

OOC @ CH: [Spot check to determine race and weapons of those three, if possible.]

While the two humans started what appeared to be a contest of witticisms, the elf moved a step away from them, trying not to appear involved.

No sense picking up a fight here, unless it really does concern me. Let the two would-be rescuers go ahead and bloody their noses if they have to.

Last edited:

Mimic

First Post
Aleria

<A girl has to watch out for herself... :p >

From the shadows Aleria took in the situation, it looked like a couple of gang members were beating someone up... did they say something about an orphanage? Obviously this isn't just an ordinary mugging but it would seem that she wasn't the only one to hear the cries for help.

Shaking her head slightly at the antics of the fop, at least he makes a good distraction... Aleira continues to creep forward, hopefully she can stay hidden until she is in range and can effect all of the muggers.

<ooc will continue forward once they are all in range she will cast colour spray, if she gets spotted she will cast it on the closest ones.>

If she succesfully cast it and any of them are effected she will turn to the others.

"Hurry bind them quickly, I don't know how long the spell will last."

Vigwyn the Unruly

First Post
Brokkus, believing that wisdom is the better part of valor, waits to see how the situation plays out. "On one hand, this poor man is clearly being assaulted," he thinks to himself. "On the other, it sounds like the other three might be trying to protect the innocent. Hmm, that face paint seems familiar..."

Brokkus proceeds to draw his waraxe, just in case, but keeps it held low.

OOC: Can I use a Knowledge (religion) check to see if I recognize the face paint's significance? (My modifier is +4.)

Cry Havoc

First Post
Ryltar said:
Thalon snarled and strained his eyes, his superior vision allowing him to see through the gloom, trying to measure the three attackers and determine if there were any more hidden somewhere along the alley.

OOC @ CH: [Spot check to determine race and weapons of those three, if possible.]

Ryltar:
OOC Spot Check: Thalon's keen eyes reveal that all three of the attackers appear to be burly human males. Each carries a short sword at his hip, the only visible sign of armament. In addition, all three of the thugs bears the same half-black and half-white face paint. There is no sign of anyone else further back in the alley. However, Thalon does glimpse a shadowy female form slip by the other responders, and begin to make her way stealthily into the alleyway. She is difficult to see in the rain and shadows, but it appears that she is an elf like himself.

Cry Havoc

First Post
Vigwyn the Unruly said:
OOC: Can I use a Knowledge (religion) check to see if I recognize the face paint's significance? (My modifier is +4.)

Brokkus: <Knowledge (Religion) Check>
The attackers' face paint may have some special significance, but if it relates to any religious organization, Brokkus is unfamiliar with it.

Ryltar

First Post
Thalon's heart skipped a beat. Another elf? Thus far, the only ones that bore resemblance to his kind were half-elves, most of them downbeat and depressed, and none who shared his outlook on the world. He had mentioned it a few times, in passing, but the reactions had ranged from disbelief to open hostility. Now, another elf in this dismal oubliette of a city? Thalon's face hardened. It seemed that the elf, somewhat naive in his opinion, was trying to help out the ambush's victim, and placing herself in mortal danger in doing so. He drew his twin weapons and tensed, moving slowly towards the scene unfolding upon him, completely ignoring the two humans. If the elf were to be discovered, he would step in and make her attacker rue the day he laid hand on one of his kin.

Cry Havoc: [OOC - Ready Action]
on the first thug, should he make a move to attack Aleria, Thalon will try and intercept him.

Cry Havoc

First Post
IC: Shan and Fenrik accost the attackers with their witty barbs, while Brokkus and Thalon look on. Something in the shadows against the wall of the alleyway seems to grab Thalon's attention and he draws twin weapons, razor-sharp kukris, in response.

The closest thug, clearly is none too happy about the insults coming his way. "You deaf? Think you're funny? Time to teach you a lesson!" He deftly draws his short sword in one swift motion, as his companions release their beleaguered victim, and do the same. The cloaked man stumbles backwards against the wall of the alley, and the thugs begin to move towards the interlopers. "Got this coming, you..."

Just then, a brilliant cone of clashing, multi-colored lights erupts from the shadows of the alley, bathing the closest two thugs in its incredibly bright glow. "GAH!" With cries of surprise and pain, both of them collapse to the ground where they lie still.

OOC: And, we'll call that the surprise round. Initiative check time!

Order of Action:
1.Fenrik
2.Brokkus
3.Aleria
4.Thug #3
5.Thalon
6. Rufus the Dog
7.Attack Victim
8.Shan

Mimic: Aleria couldn't get a good angle at all three of the thugs, without also hitting the victim of their assault with her Color Spray. I figured two out of three ain't bad!

The last standing attacker is 15' away from Aleria, 25' from everyone else. The alley is narrow, only 10' wide.

If everyone could send three rounds' worth of detailed combat actions for their characters (include as many conditionals as possible), I should be able to resolve this combat in my next post.

-CH

Last edited:

silentspace

First Post
"I'd gladly tie them up, but I've got nothing to tie them with," Shan replies.

Assuming the others are engaging the remaining thug, Shan will snatch away the shortswords of the two fallen thugs. Then he'll beat them with the flat of one of the shortswords, hoping to knock them unconscious.

If one of the unconscious thugs wakes, Shan will Intimidate them [untrained +0]. If that doesn't work, he'll attack, taking a free attack as they try to get up, then in following rounds delaying his attack until after Rufus (who might trip them).

Remove ads