Shades of Grey Campaign Setting - Free

Turanil

First Post
Turanil, I'm going to make it compatible with both the PHB and d20 Modern, so everyone can use it. I wanted to use the defense system employed by the d20 modern srd, so that was my initial choice, but that system is not hard to adapt with the SRD being available to anyone that knows roughly how to make a character.

Soon, d20 future will be available, and Grim Tales should get a good success, and I very like d20 modern but there isn't any setting (or is there?) except for Urban Arcana that I find dubious. On the other hand, there is so many D&D settings around...

So my suggestion is to make it clearly based on d20 Modern / d20 Future. For mages, just include new FX mages / witches classes if need be. If people want to use it with DnD, there is already so many d20 supplements that they could use, but much less when it comes to d20 modern. In fact, d20 modern advanced classes cannot really be made like D&D prestige classes. I once tried it with a class that I first made for D&D, then converted to d20 modern; I had to heavily change the class features (if you want to see, post #10 on this thread ). So, I still suggest doing it with primarily d20 modern in mind.

Just my 2 cents wish of course...

Ultramyth

Explorer
Turanil said:
Soon, d20 future will be available, and Grim Tales should get a good success, and I very like d20 modern but there isn't any setting (or is there?) except for Urban Arcana that I find dubious. On the other hand, there is so many D&D settings around...

So my suggestion is to make it clearly based on d20 Modern / d20 Future. For mages, just include new FX mages / witches classes if need be. If people want to use it with DnD, there is already so many d20 supplements that they could use, but much less when it comes to d20 modern. In fact, d20 modern advanced classes cannot really be made like D&D prestige classes. I once tried it with a class that I first made for D&D, then converted to d20 modern; I had to heavily change the class features (if you want to see, post #10 on this thread ). So, I still suggest doing it with primarily d20 modern in mind.

Just my 2 cents wish of course...

d20 Future you say? Could be interesting.

The tricky thing here is it is basically a setting that reflects anime fantasy. It is heavily influenced by anime, and yes, that is a look we're going for. Definately. This work is inspired by Phantasy Star, Final Fantasy, and such animes as Genisis Survivor Giarth and Macross, though in varying degrees.

Basically, like Star Wars, this would be termed science fiction by some, but in truth, it is fantasy, just with high technology.

Already, the process of character creation is changing, because I've implemented something called a 'Social Template'. Basically, it works as a monster template, only every character is required to take one at first level, that represents their upbringing. It diversifies the game further, allowing a greater range of unique characters to be created.

I can see no other way than to try and make it as compatible as possible with both systems. They do not differ so greatly. I mean, the principles work the same, it's just the skill sets and method of character creation/leveling that works differently (and the currency, which I'm not sure what to do about).

JimAde

First Post
Well it looks very cool so far. I've added your site to my list of "cool d20 sites", for what it's worth :)

Good luck and I'll be lurking ;)

Ultramyth

Explorer
There are a few more updates, mostly in the world and titanus submenu, plus there are now more social templates uploaded.

Not on the site yet, but soon to come, here's a preview of the imperial provinces of Upper Titan.

uppertitan.jpg

Remove ads