• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadow based goblin

SnowleopardVK

First Post
There's a goblin mutation called caveling that gives them light blindness, a climb speed, and darkvision (not sure why that mutation specifies they get darkvision since goblins already have it). It's supposed to be the type of goblin that lives deep underground where there is no light.

Not sure if that's what you're going for. It's all I can think of at the moment.

Meadyaon

First Post
There's a goblin mutation called caveling that gives them light blindness, a climb speed, and darkvision (not sure why that mutation specifies they get darkvision since goblins already have it). It's supposed to be the type of goblin that lives deep underground where there is no light.

Not sure if that's what you're going for. It's all I can think of at the moment.
Is this the caveling you are taking about? The one I found could help me with a human character I have that was mutated into form more adapted for life underground.
Creature Catalog - Preview Template

SnowleopardVK

First Post
Nope that's not the same one.

The one I had found is Here on the right side of the page, down a bit. It's listed under goblin mutations.

If what you found can help you though, congrats on the find.

Meadyaon

First Post
I was looking for a goblin or goblinoid that has shadow based powers and/or abilities. I was think of a goblin/goblinoid version of the Shade from Forgotten Realms.

Last edited:

Osagasu

Villager
I don't think there is specifically, but there are a few templates floating around. You can probably use the 3.5e Umbral template from Libris Mortis. It turns the base creature into incorporeal undead with a strength damage touch attack, among other things.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads