• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadow Conjuration & Augmented Summoning

sckeener

First Post
Shadow Conjuration & Augmented Summoning

Do they work together or is the illusionary creature summoned just a plain jane version.

I could go either way on the issue...

• They do not work together because Augmented Summoning applies to actual creatures...not illusions
  • They work together because it is an illusion and the caster can stat them as he normally could for his level and abilities...

The reason I ask is I was wondering if an Alienist could get around the restriction of summoning only pseudonatural creatures if they were illusions.

Felix

Explorer
Frankly I think it would be more in keeping with the flavor of the Alienist if his madness and insanity crept into even his illusionary creatures. It may not be mandated by the rules, but I'd make those summoned illusions pseudonatural whether the Alienist wills it or not.

Corsair

First Post
Benefit: Each creature you conjure with any summon spell

It depends on if you feel that mimicking a summon spell is the same as casting a summon spell. One argument is that you aren't actually conjuring the creature with a summon spell, but creating a shadow creature with an illusion, which would mean the augment summoning doesn't work. Personally I would favor this approach.

Remove ads