Shadow Demon, Qullan, Stunjelly

Henry

Autoexreginated
If Diaglo lived in the UK, I would have said it was him. ;) He's got enough to go around, I'd be willing to bet... :D

el-remmen

Moderator Emeritus
KidCthulhu said:
Hey, I still have my Fiend Folio. Which reminds me, Plane, I have to get you to sign it for me when you're here next. :)

I was thinking along a similar line. . . His signature will look awesome next to my junior high school doodling on the inside front cover! :D

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
It's strange but cool looking at some of the other monster creators in the back of it - a number of names jump out at me as the 'leading lights' of their day in the UK - people such as Brian Asbury, Albie Fiore, Mike Ferguson. Roger Musson, Lew Pulsipher and Oliver McDonald all jump out of names from the past.

It is funny to think how frustrated we can get with slowdowns on ENworld when I consider what things were like in those days... the nearest equivalent to the forums were the APAs such as 'Alarums and Excursions' in the US and 'Trollcrusher' in the UK - imagine forum discussions where there was a month between each post and you'd get the idea :)

(I'm going to have such a store of ammunition when I decide to become a grumpy old man, many years from now ;))

Cheers

Plane Sailing said:
imagine forum discussions where there was a month between each post
That sounds excellent, to me. Would maybe cut down on the flamewars and Internet-style sniping by allowing people to cool off before replying.

But, uh, back on topic... is Fiend Folio a great book or what? So many awesome monsters in there, some of which of utterly changed the face of D&D.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Plane Sailing said:
Lew Pulsipher

we had the great opportunity last year of getting and update of his Elemental Princes of Evil published. :)

but i find it inconceivable that you had not tracked down a copy of the Fiend Folio by now - maybe it's just because i haven't had very many things published, but whenever something with my name in it gets into print, i'd almost kill to own a copy. ;)

Remove ads