Shadow Demon, Qullan, Stunjelly

Voadam

Legend
How do you pronounce Qullan? Would it be like Kullan? Kullen? It always looked like it was missing a vowel to me when I realized it was not actually spelled Quillan.

Gez

First Post
Voadam said:
How do you pronounce Qullan? Would it be like Kullan? Kullen? It always looked like it was missing a vowel to me when I realized it was not actually spelled Quillan.

I'd guess like K'lan, with K'l as "cle" in "miracle" -- a slight schwa, or a voice L, not an actual vowel.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Voadam said:

I always pronounced it cwul-an, although I understand that people have often ended up calling them 'arrrrrgggghhh!' :)

Plane Sailing

BOZ said:
i do beleive the qullan was dumped from the site after it appeared in the Living Greyhawk Journal (can't recall the issue number at the moment).

Stunjelly, IIRC, is featured in the Tome of Horrors.

I just had the wierd thought that some of my creations might actually end up outliving me.

... cackles evilly ...

Plane Sailing

Plane Sailing said:
I've never owned a Fiend Folio (it was too expensive for me to buy when it came out!), so I can't be sure of the text of stuff,

Do you know how INSANELY GREAT ENworlders are?

I got home today and found that a fantastic guy in Portsmouth (UK) had put a copy in the post for me!

How kind and thoughtful is that?

(does the happy dance)

Remove ads