• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shadowrun d20???

Axegrrl

First Post
After various discussions, I've come to the realization that what I really want is Shadowrun d20. Does anyone know if anyone is working on such a product or something similar?

If anyone's tried running a combination of games to simulate Shadowrun d20, I'd love to hear which games you used and how it worked out!

Wolfx

First Post
I would sugest looking at Cybernet from Mongoose Publishing for the basics of the world. As for the races, just use the standard ones out of the PHB, or any other Fantasy d20 supplement.

Ranger REG

Explorer
There's d20 Modern and Urban Arcana. Just ignore the "shadow" and "veil" parts.

In August 2004, d20 Future (a d20 Modern supplement) may include "cyberpunk" FX elements.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
You can add the newly released Grim Tales by Bad Axe Games to the list of options. It has cyberwear rules and fantasy races.

Kesh

First Post
There won't be an official d20 Shadowrun under the current FanPro management. They've made it quite clear that they consider SR's current system to be very important to the feel of the game.

That said, the only hard parts to change over are: magic, cyber and the Matrix. Magic isn't too bad... borrow from one of the skill/feat based systems (such as Star Wars) and it can be converted.

Cyber is a little trickier. Unless you port over the entire Essence system for both magic & cyber, you need a new method of keeping people from turning themselves into robots.

The Matrix is probably one of the harder parts to convert, simply because it creates a "game within a game" problem. It inherently splits the party up, which can complicate sessions quite a bit. Mostly, it's just the tedium of converting all the programs, target numbers, etc. over to balanced d20 rolls that will be the worst part.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Kesh said:
There won't be an official d20 Shadowrun under the current FanPro management. They've made it quite clear that they consider SR's current system to be very important to the feel of the game.
I remembered when it was part of their April Fool's hoax, but it backfired on them.

Too bad though. Shadowrun and BattleTech truly deserve a d20 treatment. It doesn't have to be a rules switch.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Still, it should be fairly easy to do a ripoff of the game.

I would take Spycraft, come up with new core classes that fit the archetypes in the book (most of the rules from Spycraft are open content). Then use the cyberstuff from OGL Cybernet (which is open content and fairly comprehensive), as well as the decking stuff (which are actually pretty decent). The magic system is a bit trickier, I think maybe Sovereign Stone's system would be close (and again, is open content).

Obviously, the background wouldn't be, but they didn't invent the magic comes back idea.

Thanee

First Post
Axegrrl said:
After various discussions, I've come to the realization that what I really want is Shadowrun d20.

Now that's one of the games I really don't want to see as a d20 conversion. :D

Does anyone know if anyone is working on such a product or something similar?

I also highly doubt (and am glad for) that this would be done officially.

But never say never. :)

Bye
Thanee

zenld

First Post
there are several places around that have cyber conversions for d20. i will try to look later. but at least one is in the downloads section of enworld.

zen

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads