• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shaman Power: Spring Renewal Strike

SWAT

First Post
As far as I can tell, a Bear Shaman hitting with Spring Renewal Strike can let an ally adjacent to their spirit companion use a healing surge, and adds twice their Con mod to the HP healed (once from the power's Protector Spirit bonus, and once from the spirit boon).

It seems strange to me that the Protector Spirit would double-up the spirit boon, especially when this would happen 100% of the time.

So I'd like to ask: Do you think my interpretation is correct? Am I missing something that would make the spirit boon not apply?

Thanks.

Kinneus

Explorer
It seems strange to me that the Protector Spirit would double-up the spirit boon, especially when this would happen 100% of the time.
Conversely, it would seem strange to me that Protecter Spirit shamans, the only people able to benefit from the power's extra effect, would get no bonus from it. If it didn't double-up the bonus, why would they even print it?

SWAT

First Post
Conversely, it would seem strange to me that Protecter Spirit shamans, the only people able to benefit from the power's extra effect, would get no bonus from it. If it didn't double-up the bonus, why would they even print it?
I'm not doubting whether or not the Protector Spirit bonus applies. Like you said, it's printed. I'm just wondering if the spirit boon applies because it seems like weird design to have a double-up without the text "and this is in addition to your spirit boon power."

Kinneus

Explorer
I'm not doubting whether or not the Protector Spirit bonus applies. Like you said, it's printed. I'm just wondering if the spirit boon applies because it seems like weird design to have a double-up without the text "and this is in addition to your spirit boon power."
I'd say it definitely applies, for the reasons I'd stated earlier. Only Protecter Spirit Shamans can benefit from this; if all it does is replicate the normal Protecter Spirit Boon, then it really doesn't do anything at all, right? I'll admit it's poorly-worded, but there's nothing to suggest this wouldn't stack with the Spirit Boon.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads