• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shamans have a Spirit Companion - From Dungeoncraft

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Dungeoncraft: Contact with the Enemy

Originally brought to sight on a WoTC thread here: Shamans are another pet class! - Wizards Community the newest Dungeoncraft has showed off a PC that is a Shaman:

Nordil (Chris) is a dwarf shaman with a shaggy bear spirit companion named Nugget.

As they traveled northward, Nordil woke up one morning with a blue spirit bear peering down at him, scaring him half to death. He doesn't know why Nugget has attached himself to Nordil, but he's beginning to explore the power that his spirit companion offers. Nordil's goal is to try to conquer his fear, and having a shaggy bear spirit beside him seems to be a good first step.

I am glad to have one of my predictions right for once. My bet was on the Warden or Shaman having a Spirit Companion. I am now wondering though if it has to be a identifiable animal spirit or not? All it needs left to make the Shaman complete for me is to have Powers based around Spirits riding others/himself.

Fallen Seraph

First Post
I also spotted that, and was intruiged. Can't wait to see the full write-up.
Same here, same here.

It is funny by dividing up the abilities of the old Druid into different classes. It took what was once a class I didn't really want to play, into a bunch of different classes that I really want to play.

Rechan

Adventurer
In before "Shaman spirit companion - WoW Shaman totem".

I also hope that the shaman can do more than function with a single spirit. I was hoping shamans would be animism guys - contacting/invoking/summoning many different varieties of spirits.

Jack99

Adventurer
In before "Shaman spirit companion - WoW Shaman totem".

I also hope that the shaman can do more than function with a single spirit. I was hoping shamans would be animism guys - contacting/invoking/summoning many different varieties of spirits.

It's actually EQ-ism. Shamans had spirit wolves as companions there!

OchreJelly

First Post
"Nugget, I choose you!" sorry... I couldn't resist. Silliness aside, I like the connection to spirit animals. I'm looking forward to reading more.

RefinedBean

First Post
Nugget? Really? We're going with the name "Nugget?" Wow.

That'd be my reaction at that table. :D

But yeah, a Leader with a spirit companion, I'm looking forward to seeing how that's implemented. One build focused more on healing, and another build focused on attack, I imagine.

Are we thinking this will be a "full" pet class, ala Beastmaster? That'd be awesome.

Remove ads