• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shamans have a Spirit Companion - From Dungeoncraft

RefinedBean

First Post
He's a Dwarf... I can see how it works. Dwarves love gold n stuff.

Sure. If we believe that dwarves love gold and are utterly stupid, sure.

"Har, here's an animal to help guide me on my journey towards personal enlightenment and heroic deeds! He represents the fury of my connection to the primal spirits, and will aid my friends in need! I'LL CALL HIM NUGGET. HAR."

I'm not trying to say that's badwrongfun, but...that's badwrongfun. ;)

Scribble

First Post
Sure. If we believe that dwarves love gold and are utterly stupid, sure.

"Har, here's an animal to help guide me on my journey towards personal enlightenment and heroic deeds! He represents the fury of my connection to the primal spirits, and will aid my friends in need! I'LL CALL HIM NUGGET. HAR."

I'm not trying to say that's badwrongfun, but...that's badwrongfun. ;)

Shrug.

I think it depends on how you present it in game. I mean I can see the Dwarf doing it as a symbolic thing... Like a Nugget of gold is valuable, and a prized possesion, the spiritual companion is prized and valuable to his spiritual quest...

But if you just came to the table with "I'ma call him nugget yo!" then yeah... That's pretty silly. (But then again we did already have a WoTC employee with a character named Biggie Smalls...)

fba827

Adventurer
Nugget? Really? We're going with the name "Nugget?" Wow.

It's no worse than Francis. ;)

(unique and memorable - be it for good reasons or bad reasons - it serves those two purposes)

But yes, I am anxious to see how this class plays out as well. I've been eyeing it since the name was revealed (but then, I have always been a sucker for the now-called-primal-sourced classes)

DracoSuave

First Post
This was already spoiled by Mazzanoble months ago. There was mention of a Leader class in the PHBII that used pets to do their leader stuff. It wasn't the Bard, so it had to be the new primal class, Shaman.

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Nugget is an ADORABLE name for a spirit companion!

I feel I have to chime in here with the obligatory cry of "Spirit companions are AWESOME!" and "Calling your spirit companion Nugget and making the rest of the table groan is AWESOME!" before Fifth Element gets here. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads