Shards of Memory--Act I: The Boundless Void

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK=Yuriko: ]
Yuriko said:
'Which Rowaini, Tao-sama? The one with the companion or the one without?'
'The one who is alone...those who are alone are often those who have the most to hide, unable to show their full self to anyone else on this world...Don't you agree?'
Yuriko said:
'I hadn't considered it, Tao-sama. Most likely no . . . a distraction bringing someone along would be. Perhaps I take this more seriously than anyone else, Tao-sama. You are not a distraction, Tao-sama, you are welcome and I bless every day that you are there to guide me and provide wisdom. And even those when you are not, simply thanking you for the days that you were there.'
'I would expect as much from you, my child. You are very serious in your duty, and this is good for your honour, though perhaps it leaves your heart a little bit lonely...I hope I can help you with that as best I can...It is why I try to be there for you to talk, even more than some of the spirits who watch over others...'
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Yotsu Yuriko, Female Larakese Martial Artist

**Rystil Only** [SBLOCK=Rystil Only]
Tao said:
'The one who is alone...those who are alone are often those who have the most to hide, unable to show their full self to anyone else on this world...Don't you agree?'
'Oh, I don't know about that,' Yuriko thought, getting defensive. 'I have you, Tao-sama, and nothing can be hid from your ancestors. I appreciate the time you spend with me Tao-sama, you guide me through the darkness that I otherwise would walk through. My heart is fine . . . really.'

*It was clear that Yuriko did not really believe the last comment.*[/SBLOCK]

Rystil Arden

First Post
[SBLOCK= Yuriko: ]
*Tao laughs gentle and comfortingly and seems to smile, even though she cannot be seen.*

'I said not to anyone on this world, but I am no longer of this world, my child. But no need to worry...I know of your appreciation, for as you said, nothing can be hid from your ancestors.'
[/SBLOCK]

Bront

The man with the probe
Kirkesh, Male Rowani (Dolathi) Swashbuckler

Gaius:
Kirkesh responds with a grin
[sblock=in Tralg]I find that in sailing the spheres it helps to pick up the languages. And far be it from me to end up on the wrong side of a Tralg and not be able to talk to him.[/sblock]

Yuriko:
[sblock=in Larakese]
Yuriko said:
"Hai, Kirkesh-sama," Yuriko replied, returning his bow with her own lower bow. During the bow, she eyed her katana in her obi to make certain it was still there. "I have been trained in the ways of the monk, Kirkesh-sama, though I am still samurai."
"My mistake. I thought I had understood that a samurai wore a full Diasho of Katana and Wakasashi, but I admit have spent very little time on Xarata. Please forgive my ignorance of your culture, for I ment no slight.[/sblock]

Diedrik:
Kirkesh returns the bow graciously and responds to the the man though in Rowani to perhaps make Vanessa a bit more comfortable
[sblock=In Rowani]"Well met Diedrik, I am Kirkesh, and this is the Lady Vanessa[/sblock]
Kirkesh smiles and motions to Vanessa. He looks at her hoping hoping to gain insight as to her feelings of these newly met people, particularly this one.
RA:[sblock=GM ONLY]Sense motive, to see if Vanessa is afraid of being recognized, or if perhaps Diedrik recognises her.[/sblock]

Talia:
Kirkesh presents himself before Captain Talia as soon as possable. He bows before her, flourishing his hat in a sweeping jesture.

[sblock=in Eldish]"Captain, let me first appologize for my rude interuption of your journy. I am Kirkesh, and have sailed many times on this vessel, and would consider myself a good friend of Captain Panache. I have served him well as a sailor over my many years of wandering, and now I find myself offering my services to you. If you would have me, I will earn passage for myself and Lady Vanessa here though my service on the ship. I only ask in return that you grant us refuge and passage on your ship."[/sblock]

OOC: This is way too confusing, but a lot of fun :)

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Vanessa bows to Diedrik and replies in Rowaini.*
[SBLOCK=Rowaini]
"It is a pleasure to meet you Diedrik. I am Vanessa D'Étoile. As a fellow Rowaini, you may have heard of me?"
[/SBLOCK]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

(In conversation with Kirkesh)
[sblock=in Larakese]
Kirkesh said:
"My mistake. I thought I had understood that a samurai wore a full Daisho of Katana and Wakasashi, but I admit have spent very little time on Xarata. Please forgive my ignorance of your culture, for I meant no slight."
"No slight taken, Kirkesh-sama," Yuriko replied. "I am honored that you even spent time on Xarata, and there is a lot of nuances to the culture." Yuriko finished with a smile that sparkled in her green eyes. "Most whose trade is samurai, also sometimes refered to as bushi, carry a full daisho. The station of samurai, to mean the class of people, it is not necessary to carry a daisho, nor should one if they are not samurai . . . bushi. We can speak of this more another time, Kirkesh-sama. I'm certain that you and your companion will want to meet everyone else and get settled."[/sblock]

Bront

The man with the probe
(In conversation with Yuriko)
[sblock=in Larakese]
Yuriko said:
"No slight taken, Kirkesh-sama," Yuriko replied. "I am honored that you even spent time on Xarata, and there is a lot of nuances to the culture." Yuriko finished with a smile that sparkled in her green eyes. "Most whose trade is samurai, also sometimes refered to as bushi, carry a full daisho. The station of samurai, to mean the class of people, it is not necessary to carry a daisho, nor should one if they are not samurai . . . bushi. We can speak of this more another time, Kirkesh-sama. I'm certain that you and your companion will want to meet everyone else and get settled."

"Well, I and Vanessa would love to hear about it later, for it is an interesting culture."[/sblock]
Shifting into Eldish
[sblock=in Eldish]"Yuriko, this is Lady Vanessa, from Rowani. I'm sure she would love to hear much about your culture at perhaps a more appropriate time."[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave

(In conversation with Kirkesh and Lady Vanessa)[sblock=in Eldish]
Kirkesh said:
"Yuriko, this is Lady Vanessa, from Rowani. I'm sure she would love to hear much about your culture at perhaps a more appropriate time."
Yuriko bowed to the Lady, a bow from the neck, and greeted her. A deeper bow from the waist to Kirkesh with the response in Eldish, "If that is your wish, Kirkesh-sama, I will endeavor to make it so." [/sblock]
*When she finished speaking in Eldish, Yuriko kept her head bowed, eyes downcast.*

Bront

The man with the probe
Kirkesh, Male Rowani (Dolthi) Swashbuckler

(In conversation with Yuriko)[/I][sblock=in Eldish]
Yuriko said:
Yuriko bowed to the Lady, a bow from the neck, and greeted her. A deeper bow from the waist to Kirkesh with the response in Eldish, "If that is your wish, Kirkesh-sama, I will endeavor to make it so."
"I would, and I would love to share any of my travels with you as well if you wish Yuriko."
[/sblock]
He pauses, trying to remember what her demeanor and downcast eyes mean culturaly.

Keia

I aim to misbehave

In conversation with Kirkesh[sblock=in Eldish]
Kirkesh said:
"I would, and I would love to share any of my travels with you as well if you wish Yuriko."
"Hai, Kirkesh-sama," Yuriko replied. "I am certain that will be most interesting. If there is nothing else, Kirkesh-sama?" [/sblock]
*Yuriko took a step back, waiting to see if the Rowaini had anything else to say before moving on.*

Remove ads