• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E (+) Share Your Custom Warlock Patrons Here!

now one of mine... Hoardak from She'ra...

I had a whole 'not heman' theme mixed with my 'not zelda' world when a PC pitched an idea "my mom and dad sold my soul in the womb, they got richest and I was born unearthly without a soul... now all I know is that everyone I kill is a soul to power something, somewhere" and he wanted to be a GOO lock.

so I made him be powered by the BBEG and every time he killed someone the soul went to weaken the prison/barriar keeping him out.

when the PC found out I thought he would be thrown for a loop... instead the next time they fought a knight he said "leave him to me" and before killing him said "when you get to where your going tell HIM we know where he is and we are coming for him."

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I like it! It reminds me of the "Ghost in the Machine" pact that Unearthed Arcana released back in 2015. The gist of it was that you'd made a pact with an advanced, possibly alien A.I. or the ghost of a hacker or something, and it gave you powers over technology.

EDIT: Found it.

I knew I had seen something similar years ago, but couldn’t remember where!

Thank you!

Remove ads