• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[ShareTheLove] Hatin' Eberron?

Vrylakos

First Post
Hola!

I'm involved in the Share the Love lists. One of the more interesting aspects of this is seeking buying trends. I've noticed that no one has preordered Eberron, so I figured I'd ask if people were waiting for reviews, turned off by the setting, or just hadn't gotten around to it yet but intended to get it.

So, with that... answer me my questions three! Or... one, in this case...

Vrylakos

Ozmar

First Post
I'm buyin'! I haven't pre-ordered, b/c I am waiting to see which channel will get the book to me fastest. I don't live in Finland, so I have to wait and see if my FLGS will get it to me more quickly than Amazon. I once pre-ordered something, and had to wait three weeks while the same book tempted me in the FLGS while I waited for them to fill my order!

Ozmar the Impatient

Sammael

Adventurer
I'll probably get it eventually, but it's very low on my priorities list. I don't have an Eberron campaign planned, and I'll probably only buy the thing to plunder ideas for my FR or homebrew campaigns.

Next books I'll order from Amazon (after Complete Divine) are d20 Future, Serpent Kingdoms, and Planar Handbook.

~Johnny~

First Post
I'm involved in Share The Love (or at least I hope I am... I've gotten some e-mails about it), and until an hour ago I had Eberron preordered on Amazon. But considering that the book's already out internationally, and Amazon's giving a June 23 ship date, and local stores are supposed to get it sometime next week, this will be one product I buy through a FLGS so I can get it a week earlier.

BTW, if anyone recommends a FLGS in Manhattan, please let me know. I'm still relatively new to NYC.

MDSnowman

First Post
I don't pre-order, ever. The last time I pre-ordered a book from Amazon and it took them three months to ship the books to me. I always wait till something comes out before buying it... which I intend to do with Eberron.

Old Fezziwig

a man builds a city with banks and cathedrals
I've spent my discretionary income already, otherwise I'd already have bought it. Plus, given that I'm moving in exactly one month, it's better for me to wait until I'm settled and have a job/new place/group before I go buying new CSs. :)

Nick

Ed Cha

Community Supporter
~Johnny~ said:
BTW, if anyone recommends a FLGS in Manhattan, please let me know. I'm still relatively new to NYC.

Both The Compleat Strategist (33rd Street, between Fifth and Madison) and Neutral Ground (26th Street, between Sixth and Seventh) should be carrying the book when it comes out.

Kalendraf

Explorer
Nothing against Eberron, but just about the last thing I need right now is another campaign setting. I've got two long-term campaigns in progress, one of which should go another year or two with luck, and other, which only runs monthly, which could last another 5 years or more.

I've got multiple other campaign sourcebooks which frankly I should have never bother buying, but wound up getting them in my early 3e purchasing frenzy. If I need a new campaign world, I'll consider using one of them. I figure in 2 to 3 years I might be in the market for a campaign sourcebook, and by then it might be easier to find some of the currently published ones for a much cheaper price. Of course by then, there could easily be yet another campaign world available as well.

thundershot

Adventurer
Campaign settings are generally low on my list of things to buy because I never actually USE the setting... I harvest material from it to use in my own homebrew.

I'll order Eberron after I see a few reviews of it. I'm almost positive I'll get it.

As for pre-orders... I'm a very patient person. I don't NEED a book as soon as it comes out. In fact, I try to space out my orders in Share the Love (I ordered both Races of Stone and Races of the Wild in the same order) so I'm not hit with a bunch of charges all at once.

Chris

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads