• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn: Beneath The Towers OOC [FULL]

Harvey

First Post
Sharn: Beneath the Towers

I am looking to DM my first PbP and am looking to test out some Eberron adventures. This will be a campaign set in Sharn: City of Towers, and for those of you who have played in Eberron before, it will not involve the Forgotten Forge. The first two adventures are slated for the city itself, and after that, well, it depends on where the players take it.

While I have never DMed a PbP, I am currently playing in three, and have been in many, many D&D campaigns since 3.0 came out. For PbP, I am a big advocate of player interaction, so feel free to really get into your character’s skins. Ideally, I would like to stick to one post a day… most days I am available for multiple posts, but as any PbP player knows, there will be days where, as much as you might want, you find it tough to get a post in.

I am looking for a total of 6 players, but one slot has already been taken by Tyrlaan. I am looking for a balanced party, and will choose players based on that. I would ideally like some alternates as well. When submitting characters, please use the: following format. We will be using www.invisiblecastle.com to make dice rolls.

Building Characters
"heroic" characters (no evil)
2nd level
32 point buy (racial modifiers applied after the buy)
max hit points for 2nd level
average starting gold for 1st level + 900 gold
races from Eberron only
classes, feats, equipment, etc. from any of the 3.5 WotC books

Books Allowed
PHB, Eberron CS, all the Complete and Races books

Books Not Allowed
Expanded Psionics Handbook
Unearthed Arcana

So, let’s see some characters!

Last edited:

Vargo

First Post
I'm definitely interested.

I'll throw something together and get it up. Hmm... I'm thinking Druid, Human this time...

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
I would love through my name in the hat as well. I am currently helping out at my folks house and don't have my books with me right now, but I do have them back at my place. I will be down here about a month, but after that I will have unlimited access to them. I am familiar with the races and the setting, so if you wouldn't mind helping me through the initial block, I promise I won't slow the group down once it gets rolling.

I do have access to a PHB and CW while I am here, so I could try to make something from what I have on hand. Maybe a gnomish swashbuckler or a warforged Samurai?

Two-Gun Kid

First Post
Code:
 Name: Coal
Region: Sharn
Class: Samurai
Race: Warforged
Size: Medium
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Deity: none
Level: 2
Exp: 2,000

STR 14 (+2) (6 pts)
DEX 12 (+1) (4 pts)
CON 12+2=14 (+2) (4 pts)
INT 12	(+1) (4 pts)
WIS 12-2=10 (+0) (4 pts)
CHA 16-2=14 (+2) (10 pts)

HP: 24
AC: 19 = 10 + 8 (armor) + 1 (dex) 
Flat-footed: 18
Touch: 11
INIT: +1
BAB: +2 (melee: +4, Ranged +3)

Fort: +5 = +3 (base) +2 (ability)
Ref: +1 = +0 (base) +1 (ability)
Will: +0 = +0 (base) +0 (ability)

Weapon:
Masterwork Katana	 +5 attack 1d10+2 damage x2 on 19-20
Masterwork Wakizashi +5 attack 1d6+2 damage x2 on 19-20

Armor:
Adamantine Body Armor +8 AC -5 AC Penalty	 +1 Max Dex 

Languages: Common, Dwarven

Abilities:
-- Standard Warforged Abilities

Feats:
--Exotic Weapon Prof (Bastard Sword)*
--Adamantine Body (1st)
--Two-Weapon Fighting (Katana and Wakizashi only)* (2nd)

*bonus samurai feat

Skill Points: 15 Max Ranks: 5/2.5
Skills:		 Total Ability Ranks Misc
Craft (Weaponsmith) +2	 +1	 +1 
Intimidate	 +7	 +2	+5
Knowledge (History) +3	 +1	 +2
Knowledge (Nobility) +3	 +1	 +2
Sense Motive	 +5	 +0	 +5

Starting Gold: 1140 gp
Equipment:
-- Masterwork Katana	6.0 lb	 0 gp
-- Masterwork Wakizashi	4.0 lb	 0 gp
-- Backpack	2.0 lb	 2 gp
-- Whetstone	0.0 lb	 5 cp
-- Clan Ring	0.0 lb	 5 gp

Total Weight: 12 lbs
Total Money: 400 gp

Max Weight: 58 light		 116 medium			175 heavy

Height: 6'8"
Weight: 350 lbs
Eyes: Pitch Black
Hair: None
Skin: Silver

Last edited:

G

Guest 11456

I'm interested. Hmmm. Looking over the others choices it looks like either a rogue or arcane caster is needed. I'll give it some thought tonight. Probably arcane caster. Or possibly an artificer.

Tailspinner

Last edited by a moderator:

P0L

Explorer
Name: Fixer
Race: Warforged
Sex: Male personality
Alignment: LN
Classes: Artificer 2
Background:

STR 8
DEX 14
CON 14
INT 16
WIS 10
CHA 13

Background

Fixer is a tall warforged but his frame is more slender and agile than the ones designed for front line fighters. Since he stepped out of the assembly line in Cyre he excelled in repairing damaged warforged and equipment behind the Karranthi front, his skills at handling and repairing arcane equipment grew with his experience.

When the war was over and Fixer was declared free, he decided to move to Zilargo, having heard of the great gnome artificers located there.

His secret obsession is the making of magical constructs, ultimately to understand the secrets of his race creation. He heard rumors of a still active forge in Sharn, so he decided to move to the City of Towers.

He has recently rented a little apartment in DeathGate, converted it to an arcane laboratory which he uses for research and to make the minor potions and scrolls he sells for a living. He is currently looking for a way to make his fortune, and for clues about the supposed forge.

You can usually find him working at his lab poring over a new magic item or experiment, wearing his ubiquitous leather apron, leather skullcap and a set of magnifying goggles.

Fixer is curious by nature and very interested in how the mind of flesh creatures works. More talkative and lively than your average butt-kicking ´forged, Fixer tries to get along with every race and calmly reason with those who fear his kind out of ignorance.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads