• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard '08

mfloyd3

Explorer
A woman in a rough brown cloak enters the bar, pushing back her hood to reveal a fair-skinned human. Her long back hair is tied back, framing her strong-featured face as she scans the bar.

Her eyes stop on the two hobgoblins, the warforged, and the constable. She hesitates, as if wondering if the rough crew were getting arrested, but seems to pick up on the group's dynamic. Then, with the air of one trying to appear confident while doing something utterly alien, she walks over to the group. She limps slightly and leans on a brass-handled walking stick as she steps up.

"Excuse me," she says, revealing a noticeable Aundairan accent. "Are you...recruiting for a mission?"

OOC: Kendra is approved. Monsters beware! Present company excepted, of course.

serow

First Post
mfloyd3 said:
"Excuse me," she says, revealing a noticeable Aundairan accent. "Are you...recruiting for a mission?"
"Hullo young lady, our dwarf constable here has an offer to clear the sewers of pests. If you don't mind the dirt, take a seat and let's hear him out." Raekz offers the young woman.

mfloyd3

Explorer
serow said:
"Hullo young lady, our dwarf constable here has an offer to clear the sewers of pests. If you don't mind the dirt, take a seat and let's hear him out." Raekz offers the young woman.

"Thank you," replies the young woman, taking the indicated seat. She eyes the hobgoblin a moment longer, perhaps taking his measure, then returns her attention to the dwarf.

The thick wooden door of the tavern is thrown open, banging into the wall with a crash as a small gnome dashes into the main room of the Tower's Shard.

Dressed in well maintained dark blue trousers, a bright green work shirt, as well as a scarred and much used tan smock covering his front; perhaps used in smithing of some sort, the gnome's round mustached face is alight with anxious energy and dark eyes narrowed to bring out his crows feet.

Gaze darting around the large room frantically, the obvious laborer brings up a stubby fingered hand to a purple stocking cap and removes it, revealing dark curly hair, plastered to his skull with sweat. It seems the gnome has been exerting himself in his excitement.

Catching sight of the tight knit group of obviously well armed adventurers, the gnome projects a fluting voice towards them, "Excuse me please!? My shop has just been ransacked and robbed! I desperately need investigators to aid me! Are any such folk here?! I can pay handsomely!"

renau1g

First Post
Turning from the dwarf, Kaz looks at the new entrant to the tavern.

"Well, if you're paying more than this dwarf, I'm yer man. That is, if the others want to come. I'm not much of a solo man myself. Kaz Bolod's my name, what's yers?" Kaz asks, while looking to the others for their thoughts.

Catching his breath, no doubt having dashed directly from his shop, the gnome shoots the stout dwarf a wary look and gulps down another lung full of air before turning an appraising eye upon the hobgoblin and then responding with a bit more calm, 'Name's Mornokai Etchstone and while I don't know how much this gentleman is paying, know that I work for House Sivis and I can tell you, Mr. Bolod, my offer to any of those who fancy themselves an Inquisitive will be very lucrative.'

Gazing about the bar, the gnome continues to search for any other souls interested enough to step forward.

hornedturtle

First Post
The Warforged turns, glad for a non-underground option says, "That sounds like a more pressing issue then rodents in the sewers. I could help. As he walks over to the gnome.

Looking up at the towering figure seemingly cut from dark stone, it's eyes and joints flaring green gems, the gnome is obviously impressed, remarking, "Master Warforged, I have heard your race is most dedicated to those tasks they set their mind to. If you would agree to aid me, I would be most grateful. What can I call you?"

Looking to the others denizens of the tavern, Mornokai implores, "Please! We must leave quickly, the crime scene is no doubt getting cold as we speak!"

Last edited:

pathfinderq1

First Post
From the doorway another voice called out- a woman's voice, but almost unnaturally full, nearly hypnotic. "If it is an Inquisitive you seek, I believe I can assist you, and certainly these other folk seem both motivated and ready..." The speaker was a young human woman, clad entirely in black. As she stepped inside the door, she gave a modest bow towards the tavern-keeper, then turned her attention to the gnome. "If you would lead us, we can begin an investigation straight away..." It was only when she finished speaking and waved a hand in the direction of the door that a single spot of color revealed itself against her dark garb- a signet ring emblazoned with the mark of House Tharashk.

Starting, the brightly bedecked gnome is obviously surprised by the sudden appearance of the woman as she detaches from the shadows.

Taking a few steps back to get a view of those who have stepped forward so far, Mornokai seems to blanch slightly as he catches sight of the heraldry of Finding. Still, the seemingly rushed employer does stop to ask curiously, 'You're an Inquisitive by trade? Miss....?'

Remove ads