• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sharn Tavern: The Tower's Shard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Ah, but our two dashing heroes were being modest and saying it was no big deal. Truly, the bards could sing songs or tell tales of such an adventure for all the world to hear. It is all in the perspective and the way the story is told."

Aristeas

First Post
And that's why we have bards. The heroes are far too modest to sing their own praises, so it's a mercy there's someone to do it for them. And then the heroes can get back to having daring adventures all the sooner. A very well put together system. It does rely on the heroes passing on the details of their daring adventures, though, so I'm sure they'll do that soon.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
"Ah, but our two dashing heroes were being modest and saying it was no big deal. Truly, the bards could sing songs or tell tales of such an adventure for all the world to hear. It is all in the perspective and the way the story is told."
"In that case, tell us tales of other adventures you have heard," Arvan says. "You say you're a bard, and they tell tales, so tell one."

Velmont

First Post
As everyone is talking, Kharas have taken off his scale mail and is removing the broken scales out of it to replace with some new. The dwarf is concentrated on his work and doesn't seem interested much by the conversation. Only a few move of the head confirm he is following the discussion.

Patlin

Explorer
"Well, I'm not a bard, and it's not entirely my adventure, but I have a tale I could tell of something that happened during my travels before I reached Sharn...."

LogicsFate

First Post
The shifter at the bar seems to have nodded off for awhile, when she comes to she seems defensive and confused. She turns to see the light coming out of a window and reels a second. Grabbing her bags and whatever is left on her plate, she sprints for the door as if she was late for something.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Please, by all means. Your tale we know will be a true one, whereas as a bard, mine are secondhand...perhaps someday I will see an adventure myself head-on, a truly exciting one--oh what a story it would make!"

Someone

Adventurer
Rystil Arden said:
"Please, by all means. Your tale we know will be a true one, whereas as a bard, mine are secondhand..."

"So what? a tale is a tale. While we're here looking for employment we want entertainment, not a lesson. Lessons are, for now, over. Or they are for me, anyway."

"So, let's hear something"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Well, I didn't want to speak over our handsome knight after he offered us a story. I may be a Brelish girl, but that doesn't mean I don't have the utmost respect for the Knights Arcane," Sinope protests slightly, but since Rionus has paused for a while, she acquiesces, "But it does seem we have time for one story. Now, it may or may not be true...There was a great barbarian warrior shrouded in mystery. Some said he arose from the Argonnessen. Others say that he was a man raised by the Talenta halflings. Still others, that he was no ordinary man, but a Valenar elf instead. Whichever the case, the legends just call him Crimson Arc, perhaps after the name of his blade."

"Crimson Arc had been plagued by dreams of an incalculably beautiful woman who was trapped somewhere deep in the earth, perhaps even in Khyber. In time, he came to fall in love with this woman--and he spoke with her through the walls of her prison within his dream. The dreams seemed so real to him, that he knew they must be a vision quest sent to guide him. Following his dreams and his instincts, he traveled the length and breadth of the land, searching for his true love. Using the details in the dream and the intensity, which waned and waxed with his distance to his love, he managed to track her prison to the Demon Wastes. He slew countless demons and their foul spawn, journeying deep beneath the scarred landscape into the caverns below. And there, he saw the sealed wall from his dreams, jutting with Khyber dragonshards and a message in a language he couldn't understand--who knows what language it was, he was a barbarian after all, and barbarians generally don't bother learning to read. So Crimson Arc used his mighty blade, planting it deep within the sealed wall, the Khyber dragonshards humming with magical resonance...and suddenly, the wall shattered. He ran inside to embrace his love and found a silhouette within--there she was! Did she just twist her palms? How unusual. But still, as he approached and she pulled off her hooded cloak, he could see that it was none other. As he closed his eyes to engage her in a deep kiss, her own eyes flashed like a predatory cat's."

"No one knows what truly happened that day, and the stories diverge. The only thing we know for sure is that something evil was released that day, and Crimson Arc was never heard from again. Was he killed for sport by his erstwhile lover? Did she keep him as a slave? Or does he roam the Demon Wastes, twisted to her evil and fanatically devoted still, a shell of the former hero?"

"This is one point on which even the bards do not agree."

Bront

The man with the probe
"So, you bards tell fantastical stories to teach morals such as 'don't chase dreams'?" Arvan inquired of Sinope. "And what makes one a barbarian?"

The man, who could easily be deamed a barbarian in Korvairre, looks curiously at Sinope, awaiting a responce.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads