• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shattered Sea Chronicles, Book II: Of Rocks and Red Eagles

Nathaniel Frost

First Post
Noting that the battle is over, and those with more natural talents are tending to the wounded, Nathaniel puts the wand away. He begins to examine the orcs, looking for any markings he may recognize from stories of old.

(ooc: bardic knowledge +5, trying to determine what tribe these orcs come from, and glean any other information i might.)

Bloodweaver1

First Post
'Pauli' The Psion

OOC: Pauli could use a charge of the wand or a CL spell.

After tending to the wounded Pauli helps those in searching the chard corpses for anything of value. "Any ideas of where they might have come from?" Ask the mind mage.

Last edited:

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

With Larren's answer, Redbeard sees that Pauli is still wounded. He examines the javelin wounds then touches it lightly, muttering a quiet prayer. "That be nasty, but I be fixin' it up good" Redbeard waddles over to the heavily wounded Johanna, "we may be using some of that there wand, this be all I be havin' left." With that said, Redbeard first touches Johanna's unwounded arm, then, while saying a prayer, seeking to knit the flesh on the wounded arm, and bring about a balance to the wounds of the arm.
[sblock=BD]No problems from me with the trip. CLW on Pauli, 1d8+3[/sblock]

Edit: OOC: Now that I double check everybodies hp, we may need to use the wand or more of Larren's spells. I used up the rest of my cure minor of Johanna. 1 hp to Jillian, 2 to Johanna, and 1d8+3 to Pauli.

Last edited:

May 10, 1106 CR, Late Afternoon
Southern path into Vale of Mallon

The healing goes well enough, with Jillian restored to conciousness, though still a bit battered. (+14 hp Jillian) Johanna too, is still visibly wounded, though much improved. (+ 11 hp Johanna) Pauli is completely healed.

As that is in hand, more howls can be heard, seeming closer now. The howls come from East, and West. (The party is heading roughly North, at present) Redbeard's quick look for tracks is rewarded, apparently the orcs came from the North, and within the current day. Nathaniel examines the corpses, despite the odor of cooked meat, and from the tattoos and equipment, decides that they fit closest to the Blade Ripper tribe, one of the larger orc hordes, prominent in many bloody and sad tales of the wars.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

Remembering Ralph's willingness in combat, Redbeard scratches behind the large dog's ears, pull's out piece of bacon from his backpack. "Good pup; Ralph, you be fightin' better then I be thinkin' ye would." After the entangle spell wears off, Redbeard begins stacking the orcs equipment in a rough pile. He makes sure to go through their belt pouches for anything of value. "What we be doin? These orcs and worgs comin' from the North, we just ran into them. There be more around us though, we want to be hurryin' on and hope they won't be followin' us, or heal us up and make a stand for when the rest be comin'. I be torn; there be little way for us to decide when they be strikin'. If we be makin' our stand now, we be gettin' rid of later problems."

Bloodweaver1

First Post
'Pauli' The Psion

I can’t help but feel that as electrifying as that was, that perhaps we should make our way to the village with a bit more haste. The prospect of fighting more these ‘things’ on a field that they are more familiar with does not seem appealing to me. Besides those horns could be a signal for a much large force with its eye on a much more lucrative target.” Offers Pauli to the group as he helps the nature warrior collect the fallen Orcs’ gear.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Johanna, HP 22 of 31

Johanna stood quiet guard as the other worked with and searched the bodies. As the sound of wolves rose through the air she lifted her head, almost as if she might bay in answer- such howling was more than a bit familiar to the Jotun. "We ought to face them now, if we can- while we are still fresh. But I'd feel better if we found someplace wher we can stand them off a bit better- if we stay out in the open they can suround us and pull us down one at a time."

Imerak

First Post
Larren nods. "I don't fancy healing the injuries from taking on many more of those, much less fighting them. But we must move on. Perhaps we should find a cave route or something similar? Maris, is there anything like that around here?"

EvolutionKB

First Post
Redbeard

Redbeard, pulls gives tug on his beard, thinking.

Johanna said:
"We ought to face them now, if we can- while we are still fresh. But I'd feel better if we found someplace wher we can stand them off a bit better- if we stay out in the open they can suround us and pull us down one at a time."

"If we be stayin' a place with a good area be key. If we be findin' a place with plant life, I can be holdin them in place again."

Larren said:
"I don't fancy healing the injuries from taking on many more of those, much less fighting them. But we must move on. Perhaps we should find a cave route or something similar? Maris, is there anything like that around here?"

"A way to be avoidin' 'em would be good too. If they be roaming 'round lookin for us, we may be leadin' 'em to where we be goin' though. Me thinks it be best to be takin' them on now, when we be ready for them. We be ready this time with Broderick ready to be fightin' some orcs' and I could be summonin' some beasties' to deal with those in the rear. If Pauly be workin' his magics' like last time, it be a piece o' cake...Chocolate cake....Mmmmm..." Redbeard begins to drool.

Hurog

First Post
Nottus turns to Maris. "They're right. Fight or flight, we can't do it here. Do you know the area well enough to find us somewhere like that?"

Remove ads