Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Burningspear

First Post
Burningspear said:
I think I'll have to dust my "Demon's-Prod" off again :p

and to put word to deed: *PROD* ...Sizzle/crack/pop...knispers of lightning arcing on the scribes back, spastic body wracks making the scribe move faster, if unwanting...

write..my dear, he hears in a sickingly sweet voice behind him, a voice he cannot make out if it is female, male or neither... but the tangible power coming from the voice reeks with magic of persuasion...

...giggle...

Tal Rasha

Explorer
I was just re-reading some passages from this story hour, and I had this most pleasant realisation.

In the preface to "The Silmarillion" I think, Christopher Tolkien describes the fascination with the unknown that the Lord of the Rings books evoked. That feeling you get when you hear of long-gone heroes and deeds, when you are reading a story and you get some subtle hint or another regarding something that happened 1000 years ago, or something that is ineffable, or something that is just on the horizon, but still out of reach. Well, the thing is, I had never noticed this. In everything I read (or played through), any mystery, no matter how interesting, only evoked curiosity, not fascination. Things were either inconsequential, or they merited discovery.

Until now. I must say, the aura that surrounds the Oinoloth is incredibly enjoyable. I almost wish we wouldn't (eventually) find out what he actually is. Almost :) .

So, to sum up, and to avoid being accused of idle flattery: good writing. Regard this post as a subtle way of saying "update please".

Shemeska

Adventurer
Burningspear said:
seems like a 10D6 electrical demon prod is not enough, must upgrade, must make scribe write more, must .....ehm, what was i doing? :D

I just started a new job, and the schedule is wierd (I'll be processing a monkey liver at 2:30am tommorow morning). That's why the writing is a little slow at the moment, plus I'm working on a pair of stories on the side, and writing a bunch of stuff for the current campaign since lots of stuff is all happening at once (like two archfiends dying or being imprisoned within the space of a week w/ the PCs complicit in both to some degree).

I'll be posting a SH2 update (that touches some issues and mild spoilers for SH1) tonight as soon as I proof it.

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:
(like two archfiends dying or being imprisoned within the space of a week w/ the PCs complicit in both to some degree).

.... and so far. No bounties on our heads. Velk is in so much trouble. ;)

Toras

First Post
Shemeska said:
(like two archfiends dying or being imprisoned within the space of a week w/ the PCs complicit in both to some degree).

Still doesn't match the body count of the first game. (though I think if we are implicated in 2 more we get the Grizit merit badge)

joshhg

First Post
Hum, a group of ten archfiends. Who could it be, realisticly? Lets go ahead and knock off the ones it can't be: The Demented and the Nine, and maybe some of the big boys in the Abyssal kiddy-pool.

I think some kind of Infernal Dukes from the nine hells. But that's not a final answer.

Toras

First Post
I think at 8 we would be just passed our tally for the first game. (Toras polishes his fighter ace-esque killer marks) And let's just say you'll be suprised who some of them are.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Nisha = Xaos, or oXsA, or blueberry pie. Whichever seems appropriate at the time.

Nishapainting.jpg

Quick and dirty scan -and I apologize for the scanner not being big enough to avoid cutting off her feet and horns- but here's some art I had unexpectedly dropped into my lap this week by a friend when she was cleaning out a bunch of artwork in her apartment before she moves to Norway. Supposedly there's a few other pieces inspired by characters in SH1 (and SH2) in her sketchbook, and as I get them I'll share the scans here.

I thought it was a pretty good picture of my favorite Xaositect. :)

Remove ads