• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

cmnash

First Post
Shemeska thanks for a great Storyhour - it's a fascinating, compelling read and you have inspired me to start my own SH now.

The 'wheels within wheels' line is a great tag and I'll be using it in my own game soon - if that's OK?

FyreHowl

First Post
As far as i can remember (oh dont even ask Shemmy about the absentmindedness of THIS player), a good number we didnt know what was going on at the time, but we found out the overall picture shortly (usually in the process of *facepalm* did we just get used as pawns AGAIN!? or...*facepalm* we are in it SO much deeper than we thought). We definately in game at that point or near the point it was written didn't get that kind of story-level detail. (that i remember, if i'm wrong, clueless, correct me).

Toras

First Post
The Fiendish Plot lines were by majority entirely running in Shemmy's head.
Told you (s?)he was laugh at us from inside there.

Shemeska

Adventurer
cmnash said:
Shemeska thanks for a great Storyhour - it's a fascinating, compelling read and you have inspired me to start my own SH now.

The 'wheels within wheels' line is a great tag and I'll be using it in my own game soon - if that's OK?

Go right ahead! :)

And drop me a line (and a link) when you start to post your own ;)

Clueless

Webmonkey
Myself - I was picking up on a few of these things - but the majority of them after the fact, and generally as playing catchup to whatever evil plot was going on at the time. Speaking of evil... wait for it. This little play of people gets better,m we haven't even *begun*.

Clueless

Webmonkey
"What do you mean that it’s gone? You cannot simply lose a citadel that measures five miles across and nearly two miles high at the tallest spires. Do you expect me to believe that the city is either destroyed or invisible? Ah, perhaps it simply jumped off into the void between the mounts. Did you look there you fool?” Anthraxus said with incredulity as he towered over the bearer of puzzling news"
.... Ironicly, that may be where it got put now that I think about it.

Where did the name "Taba" Come from? Most of the Altroloth have disease related names, but I can't think of any disease sounding like that...

And when I have time I'm going to spec more. This is more fun to spec on than webcomics are, and certainly better than homework...

Eluvan

First Post
Taba's canon... I can't remember where she's mentioned, but she is namechecked at least in an official source. Perhaps in Hellbound, or some other such 2E product? I can't remember. Anyway, if memory serves correctly, which it probably doesn't, she's pretty much the 'Loth's Loth. Sells her services as an assassin and spy to the highest bidder, I think, and tends to keep her political affiliations flexible.

Eluvan said:
Taba's canon... I can't remember where she's mentioned, but she is namechecked at least in an official source. Perhaps in Hellbound, or some other such 2E product?

I have the Hellbound .pdf, so I know it's not in there, but that's not what I meant. I meant I was wondering about the origin of the name; is it based off of a disease? Or was it just a cool sounding name?

Maybe no one knows. ::shrugs::

Idle Specing

And now, for idle spec-ing...

I wonder what Helekanilaith is up to. The cheshire fiend seems to be under his sway, and the cheshire fiend is certainly not friendly to the Mercane. On the otherhand, I'm fairly sure that Shemeska rants in a letter to Garroth about D'jekk Nlarr not killing the PCs properly. Does that mean that the two hands don't know what the other is doing? Or does the Cheshire Fiend merely take advantage of a situation that already exists? Hh... Maybe this is a case of the Ebon making demands, and his agents being given free rein as to how. Shemeska sees the PCs as loose ends perhaps, and Helekanilaith and the Cheshire Fiend as lackeys?

Remove ads