• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shemeska's Planescape Storyhour (Updated 29 Jan 2014)

Dialexis

First Post
Shemeska,

I just posted on the Rogues Gallery relative to stat clarification/suggestions for the Astraloth and am curious to see what you think -at your leisure.

Hellraider

First Post
Y´ now, I´d been thinking about that fallen ultroloth at Pitiless. Poor guy... I came up with an idea. This would be so funny...
Afro of opposite alignment: This dreaded, rainbow-colored afro toupee carries a very, very, very heavy curse. Anybody who wears the afro must immediately do a Will save DC 34 or become forevermore of the diametrically opposed alignment until a carefully worded wish or miracle spell is used to restore his condition.
Even if he succeeds, he must save again every round he wears the afro or suffer its curse. The afro itself can reverse alignment only once, after which it is devoid of all magical abilities, but it can fail any number of times. It is otherwise equal to the helm of opposite alignment presented on page 275 of the Dungeon Master´s Guide.
Strong transmutation; CL 20th; Craft Wondrous item, Greater Spell focus (Transmutation), Greater Spell focus (Enchantment), Heighten spell, Magic Circle against (any), Polymorph any object, Dominate monster, Analyze dweomer, Detect thoughts, Planar binding, greater, Unluck, Sword of Deception, Symbol of Persuasion, Charm monster, Geas/Quest, Transmute rock to mud, trap the soul, feeblemind, Owl´s wisdom, improved, Wish or Miracle, Gate, Assay resistance; Creator must have a minimum caster level of 20th and be an archmage with the spell power +1 class feature; Price 50.000 gp.
Power to the afro!
You just need to back it up with another thing... The one in page 266 and 267 of the same book. And a "The Simpsons" reference. I don´t think greater yugoloths carry Universal Solvent for no particular reason... nor expect an afro to be put on their heads. Not even Batman expected that!
And, last, it´s cheaper than the doll of our favourite furry... unless you´ve been to some shady sites and have another favourite furry. :S

Anyway, great storyhour, Shemmy! Caught up after almost three lives a year of forgetting this site existed, and I´d never expected that it´d still be ongoing... The rakshasa was actually a yugoloth in disguise, and even then he feinted death for a while. Reminds me of Dran´s transformation in EOB2...
And now it seems that you had put that part where the Ebon kills an arcanoloth for asking how to empower with a sentience the new type of ´loth had something foreshadowing... I thought he was just showing off he was so kewl he could mess with the (anti-)natural order!
And the visit to Pitiless, I´m glad now I didn´t buy any books about Planescape. Seen through what your players did to your patience and then how it reflects on your eyes, I´d bet it´s better than the mostly objective official outlook. Except for the stats (and absence of such), but they really don´t seem necessary. I mean, I´m still pumped in assasination-planning rage from that LoP-kill thread at WoTC back then in 2003... or was it 2004?
And Lothar got a cameo... well, he got to do something. You portrait him quite... unexpected. I´d have never thought of him as a nice, patient or even social person.
Wow, how many "and"s have I used already? Neffermind. The wish dragon... He could be more powerful than the dragons in the Munchkin Dreaming Handbook (ELH).
Or even than customized dragons... Good lord. It makes me shudder to think how many apples could that be... [munchkin] Wish can create 25.000 gp worth of goods... I´d say that apples are worth about their weight in wheat. That´s a violent and monstrous 1 cp per pound... 25.000 gp are 2.500.000 cp... 2.500.000 pounds of apples.
What´s his CR? That thing could take on a cyborg ninja demon pirate Hulking Hurler god space monster riding a giant dinosaur (and the dinosaur too) with his sheer lust for apples! Take that, succubi, incubi, alu-fiends, dragon parents, any and all creatures somehow related to lust, and any and all creatures that derive an inherited half-template, THIS is lust! How did Tristol survive that little thing?[/munchkin]
And the fiendish food critic coming... I really looked forward to it. But the focus of the action was kind of off, really; I didn´t care for Clueless and his little play as a waiter. I´d have liked to see more of Garzech in the kitchen! I love cooking, but that´s just me, I guess... And the critic drooled? Great Unknown, she must really like poached bebilith eggs.
About which... Clueless using limited edition artifacts as drugs and taking it all in a single dose just for adult scenes we can´t share? Sacrilege! Selfishness! You, you... er... you! You let the thingy be used just for a couple hours of unbound, free, magically enhanced sex at the verge of potential destruction with one of the persons you most love in the world, who has the strange ability granted by belief to express her sensations rather clearly, and is some kind of chaotic celestial from Arborea (AKA Peaceable kingdoms, AKA hippie paradise), place being incarnation and incarnator of wilderness and loveliness, or whatever those firre eladrins are? WHAT are you? And... hey... (recalls all the details he mentioned previously) was it good? ;)
And, to Shemmy, who most likely plays the Firre Eladrin, lest Clueless does it too: I jess zat vas a method to keep him from being near killing himself with a major artifact anymore, right? Hit me for even thinking that...
As fer Lazarius Ibn Shartalan, Ghyris´ teacher... The same guy who was called "The Architect" at the start! Jess they din´t call him like that just because he was arch-tectonic, duh.
And Narsaleth... Nice guy. Sorry he´s going to be busy now... But something tells me, we´re going to see him again, right? It can´t be that first I see somebody showing off when it´s somebody foreshadowing, and now I see foreshadowing where there´s just show-off.
God, what a post count! Should check on more places around here, huh! But so far, your SH is all I´ve seen, and even then, I´ve had to download it as a TXT and then take it in a diskette home... If I tried to read it here, a whole day would not be enough. At my speed, at least...
Booyakha-bye!

P.S: Whatever... When you started this storyhour, two years, seven months and three weeks ago, you had started that game some time before. Right now, how far behind are we lagging to the facts? (When I say we´re lagging behind the facts, I mean it with all my respect)
Y´now what, I´m starting to get an idea. If I can get my hands on a recorder, I might try to make a flash of myself desecrating your storyhour with rampant fanboyishness... After I get started on the previous year´s Planewalker Idol contest´s sensory stone, of course!
And talking of which... Gotta go and find witnesses... Lundi and Matador´s jobs are never finished! Hope PW´s buggedness has been fixed already... (also, respectfully)!

Last edited:

Clueless

Webmonkey
Krafus said:
So, a bit of successful investigation by Clueless. Does he do that a lot?
Yes. Lots. ;)

Oh, and if the party does seek to attack the yugoloths on the godisle, I hope for their sake that they go in (literally) prepared for war - the 'loths must have a strong defense there.
*GRIN* You'll see.

Fimmtiu

First Post
Bryon_Soulweaver said:
Gonna blow up a godisle? :D

No, I suspect it's going to have something to do with the other jackal-headed sonofabitch with an interest in these matters. Always nice to have allies handed to you on a plate... :]

bluegodjanus

Explorer
Clueless said:
*GRIN* You'll see.

Is this how Skalliska dies again?

"Here, Skalliska, take this."
"What is it, Clueless?"
"Good luck. Just fly towards the isle and think explosive thoughts."
*Three days later*
"Clueless Clueless Clueless!"
"Yes, Nisha?"
"I need some of your heavy magic, quick!"
"...I'm going to be glad that I don't have it anymore."
"Awww... what'd you do with it?"
"Remember that jaunt to the Astral we just had...?"

Solarious

Explorer
The latest version of the Astraloth stat blocks are up. As a bonus to Shemeska fans everywhere, Delinaser, the Astraloth Mindspy is also up.

I call for evil cackles from the audience and groans from Clueless! :]

Remove ads