Sherlock Holmes Trailer

Don't encourage me. I increasingly find that if I babble long enough, I'll eventually bump into common ground. But I hate myself whenever I do it, because I've spent some years trying to kill the babbling reflex in students.

satori01

First Post
Oh, and they made him actually interested in sex, apparently. Heavens forfend that a drug addicted manic depressive should also be interested in sex. :p

Holmes was an opiate user, which for many people means diminished sex drive...damn that science and reality ;)

My wife and I (both Sherlock Holmes fans) had this same discussion of the trailer for about 2 hours....ultimately can to the conclusion that it was not exactly Sherlock Holmes they had up there, of course the time period is important....as the later stories Holmes is revealed more and more to be a damaged soul, and I always had the feeling Watson hung out with him more for pity sake. One could be forgiven to think that Art was getting sick of writing the stories B-)!

I am excited by the idea of Watson being played by Jude Law.....that may be excellent...as I fall firmly in the camp of people that prefer Watson to Holmes.

Remove ads