• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shield Gauntlet

DiFier

First Post
I want to create an item that is sorta like a specialized glove of storing. Basically it would be a gauntlet that had a sheild attached to it. the shield could be shrunk down to 1/16 it's normal size and then as a free action expanded to full size and then shrunk again as a free action (just like a glove of storing.) the difference would be that it lacks the versitility that a glove of storing would have (you can store other things in there) ignoring any enchantment on the shield how much do you think such an item would cost. it would then be enhanced as a shield.

Calico_Jack73

First Post
DiFier said:
I want to create an item that is sorta like a specialized glove of storing. Basically it would be a gauntlet that had a sheild attached to it. the shield could be shrunk down to 1/16 it's normal size and then as a free action expanded to full size and then shrunk again as a free action (just like a glove of storing.) the difference would be that it lacks the versitility that a glove of storing would have (you can store other things in there) ignoring any enchantment on the shield how much do you think such an item would cost. it would then be enhanced as a shield.

I don't have the books on me but I'd make it a Misc Magic Item that has been enchanted with the Shield Spell. Instead of having a steel or wooden shield it'd be a shield of magical force.

JimAde

First Post
The problem with that is that you can't then put cool shield enchantments on it. Plus you can't shield bash, etc.

You're right that this is basically the same as a glove of storing. In fact a glove of storing could be used for this exact purpose. But this item only works for a single, particular shield. If that shield is lost or destroyed, the glove itself is useless. I'd say cut the cost of a glove of storing at least in half. The shield would be built per the normal rules for magic shields.

JimAde

First Post
I'll buy that the cost should be the same, but the requirements for creating one should be more like the glove. Of course, that means it can be made by a lower level caster, but it also has the disadvantage that the shield and glove can be separated. Or can they, DiFier?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads