• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shift your speed and different movement mode

jester_gl

First Post
If a power lets you shift your speed, and you possess multiple movement mode, can you decide which speed to apply?

For exemple, if you have speed 5, fly 10, could you decide to shift 10 instead of 5? Could someone find a reference if possible because I looked in the online compendium and even if it says you can shift while flying, I couldn't find an answer to that specific question.

Basically, does the vampiric mist from threat to the nentir vale works by RAW? With a speed of 0, fly 5 and an at-will move of shift your speed, wouldn't it's shift be 0 even if by RAI it's clearly shift 5.

Thank you

keterys

First Post
Well, it could only shift that speed in a flight manner. Not that it's a real restriction in this case :)

Ditto a creature that has, say, a swim speed 10, and speed 2... it could shift 10 swimming, but only 2 on ground.

Infiniti2000

First Post
Just to be clear, you can shift with any movement type, I think.
No, you can't shift (or charge) while burrowing. Otherwise, you are generally correct except with the following caveat: "You can’t shift when using a form of movement that requires a skill check. For example, if you’re climbing or swimming, you can’t shift if you would need to make an Athletics check to use that kind of movement."

Remove ads