Shilsen's Eberron SH (Finished - The Last Word : 9/20/15)

Solarious

Explorer
Magic of Eberron. Gatekeepers who embrace half-daelkyrs and use symbionts to fight abberations. Grabs 4/6 spellcasting, lots of class ability goodies, symbiont luring, an expanded spell list, and Favoured Enemy (Abberations). Luna may have to rework her character a bit, but Flame Strikes would come in fast and furious, although it sacrifices much of her shapeshifting power. ;)

shilsen

Adventurer
Solarious said:
Magic of Eberron. Gatekeepers who embrace half-daelkyrs and use symbionts to fight abberations. Grabs 4/6 spellcasting, lots of class ability goodies, symbiont luring, an expanded spell list, and Favoured Enemy (Abberations). Luna may have to rework her character a bit, but Flame Strikes would come in fast and furious, although it sacrifices much of her shapeshifting power. ;)
Aha! Magic of Eberron is one of the Eberron books I haven't really looked at. Sounds like something that might be right up Luna's alley, plus I'm fine with letting players rework existing PC abilities to qualify for a PrC or tweaking a PrC to better fit a PC. Thanks for the info.

Solarious

Explorer
All I ask is that you post what happens when Gurr'khan hears that not only has Luna embraced symbionts in her quest to reduce Yarkuun Draal to rubble, but also that there is an entire order of the crazy idiots running about with symbionts attached to them. Gatekeepers all, no less. :]

This is gonna be good! :D

shilsen

Adventurer
Solarious said:
All I ask is that you post what happens when Gurr'khan hears that not only has Luna embraced symbionts in her quest to reduce Yarkuun Draal to rubble, but also that there is an entire order of the crazy idiots running about with symbionts attached to them. Gatekeepers all, no less. :]

Definitely. Whether there's any development on it or not, I can think of a very easy way for the subject to be introduced next session (which should be the 16th or so).

The PCs actually hit 10th at the end of last session, so Luna could theoretically take the first level of the PrC, or whatever I decide to turn it into. They were a little short, but since my XP progression is essentially the PCs getting what I want, I figured I'd just have them level up now, since we weren't playing for two weekends.

There's one more instalment in last session coming up. Let's just say that it covers me doing a little mathematical experiment regarding the question, "Can 4th lvl NPCs present a challenge to a group of uber 9th lvl PCs?" Yes, they can.

This is gonna be good! :D

Of course! Now that I've made Luna fat, it's the least I could do to let her screw up the Gatekeepers and the Marches.

shilsen

Adventurer
Sidekick said:
Looking forward to it Shil.

Also the whole ring of regeneration turning Luna into a fattie - inspired!
I have to give credit to Korm's player (Michael Tree) for that. I already had some plans for the symbionts to affect the users over time, but this one was something I hadn't specifically intended. When Luna found it on the insane, masochistic, obese hobgoblin and was arguing with Korm about it, he said, "Look at that hobgoblin. Maybe it'll make you fat." Yoink! I had to DM for the next ten minutes while laughing hysterically on the inside.

Rackhir

Explorer
shilsen said:
There's one more instalment in last session coming up. Let's just say that it covers me doing a little mathematical experiment regarding the question, "Can 4th lvl NPCs present a challenge to a group of uber 9th lvl PCs?" Yes, they can.

Well Mallus managed to trump you. He nearly had a TPK with 2nd lvl warriors. That should be in "The Chronicles of Burne and Some Others of Lesser Importance, in about 6 months, but YOU can enjoy reading the story in the mean time.

Mallus

Legend
Rackhir said:
Well Mallus managed to trump you. He nearly had a TPK with 2nd lvl warriors.
(and the 2 7th level castrati priests with suboptimal spell loadouts, a 7th level swashbuckler, and a monk6/fighter1 with anti-magic field cast on him...)

Heh, thanks. But I'm not in shil's league (seeing as I wind up outsourcing a lot of the tactical/technical design work to him :) )

Since he's raised the bar, I find that I'm going to have to bring a little more game to my game. A campaign can't exist on clever atmospherics alone. Well, yes it can. But in this case it won't.

Rackhir

Explorer
Mallus said:
(and the 2 7th level castrati priests with suboptimal spell loadouts, a 7th level swashbuckler, and a monk6/fighter1 with anti-magic field cast on him...)

Heh, thanks. But I'm not in shil's league (seeing as I wind up outsourcing a lot of the tactical/technical design work to him :) )

Since he's raised the bar, I find that I'm going to have to bring a little more game to my game. A campaign can't exist on clever atmospherics alone. Well, yes it can. But in this case it won't.

Well he neglected to mention that those 4th lv characters were backed up by a hihg level Bard and a high level Marshall, while using a bunch of odd ball feats/spells from a half dozen different books that stacked in all sorts of lovely ways. The WotC optimization boards would have been proud of him.

shilsen

Adventurer
Rackhir said:
Well he neglected to mention that those 4th lv characters were backed up by a hihg level Bard and a high level Marshall, while using a bunch of odd ball feats/spells from a half dozen different books that stacked in all sorts of lovely ways. The WotC optimization boards would have been proud of him.
Say what? There was one 8th lvl bard and one 8th lvl Marshal. And eight 4th lvl Ftr/Bbns. With no spells outside the PHB, one magic item from Complete Adventurer (a lyre!), and two feats that are outside the PHB and the ECS. And significantly underequipped for their level. An EL12 encounter, if you want the numbers.

Against five 9th lvl PCs and a 12th lvl NPC, of whom the PCs are built with effectively 40+ point buy, all with a significant amount of non-core abilities or PrCs or items and what have you, amny of them tweaked by me to make the PCs even more effective.

Methinks the lady doth complain too much :D!

Mallus said:

I'm Indian. It's your national duty to outsource to me, darn it!

Last edited:

Remove ads