• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shining South

zeo_evil

First Post
Has anyone seen anything official or even psuedo-official (like from the author or someone like Andy Collins) about the spell streamers from Shining South? It seems utterly insane. That spell is tearing up my villians. I have decided that the streamers go away after they attack wether they hit or not. Otherwise, it just seems like way too strong. Thoughts or am I just overreacting? I mean I have had to have villians draw and drop their weapons just so the can trigger the spell so they can get off a cool spell or something like that without the damage causing a Concentration check. Grumble, grumble, grumble.

Marimmar@Home

First Post
Hi,

the spell Streamers is actually easily countered by making a move action which triggers the spell. Then cast whatever spell you want.

What annoys me about this spell is:
a) It is designed in a meta-gaming way. I dislike having spells using ready actions.
b) It's another of those spells that have no damage descriptor. Since it is not possible to say what causes the damage there's no way of saying what protects against it.

This spell is another reason why I only allow spells from the PHB.

~Marimmar

Sithobi1

First Post
If it has no damage descriptor, the damage it deals is not stopped by anything, just like Eldritch blast or several other spells, and, IIRC, the Archmage's High Arcana ability.

Remove ads