• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Shipwreck/Island adventures

MaxKaladin

First Post
I'm looking for an adventures that involve a shipwreck, preferably on an island or in some other remote location. I'd like something written for low level characters (1st-3rd) and preferably for 3e or earlier (never converted to 4e).

I found one in the Savage Tide adventure path that I liked except for the fact that it was written for much higher level characters (7th+).

Any suggestions?

Quartz

Hero
ooh! There were a couple in Dungeon, IIRC. One was a murder-mystery, another a competition between two rival mages, and I think there were others. Someone with a collection can give the details.

Marcon

First Post
I'm looking for an adventures that involve a shipwreck, preferably on an island or in some other remote location. I'd like something written for low level characters (1st-3rd) and preferably for 3e or earlier (never converted to 4e).

I found one in the Savage Tide adventure path that I liked except for the fact that it was written for much higher level characters (7th+).

Any suggestions?

AD&D Ravenloft's Neither Man nor Beast. They had to cut the corners on the the sea voyage/shipwreck part, but boy, do the party land in "some remote location" they are not likely to forget!

-Marcon

S'mon

Legend
The 2e solo adventure Thief's Challenge 2: Beacon Point was great when I ran it. It's written for 1 Thief ca 6th level, but I ran it for a party of 1st level OGL Conan RPG PCs and set it off the coast of Argos. As written it starts with a railroaded battle scene when the pirates attack the PC's ship, bad design IMO so I started it after the battle had ended, narrated it in flashback, and began with the shipwreck.

roguerouge

First Post
Dungeon 137: Siege of the Spider Eaters (for 1st level characters, but very scalable)

It's regularly listed on Paizo's Dungeon forum as one of their best adventures. It features a mystery, a dungeon with vertical elements, puzzles, nasty combats, betrayals and a huge moral dilemma.

It was my player's favorite... over such heavy weights as Goodman Games' "Heroes are Made, Not Born" and "The Dragon Fiend Pact"; a converted Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh; and the Freeport Trilogy.

MaxKaladin

First Post
Sadly, Monte's adventure is for 9th level characters.

I remember a bit about N4 from back when it was new and it might fit. I'll have to see about tracking down a copy.

I also intend to look at the one from Dungeon 137. I've got a copy of that on order.

I must admit that I'm surprised that none of the many, many DCCs fits...

Thanks for the suggestions. If anyone has more, please don't hesitate to add them. :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads