Shop -Thread

Bront

The man with the probe
I think a shop for PC sales is a good idea, the job system covers NPC sales, but the two ideas can merge.

The Job system already requires you to buy a shop to be a crafter/magecrafter. Once that particular is in place, this thread can be used to determine what happens with that shop you purchase and if you can upgrade it in form and functionality.

LogicsFate

First Post
Merchants would make the best shop owners, but where would it come from?

Will traveling merchants be able to sell things

ex. A free folk setting up shop in the caravan or Rinaldo selling Items to people while adventuring

LogicsFate

First Post
Bront said:
I think a shop for PC sales is a good idea, the job system covers NPC sales, but the two ideas can merge.

The Job system already requires you to buy a shop to be a crafter/magecrafter. Once that particular is in place, this thread can be used to determine what happens with that shop you purchase and if you can upgrade it in form and functionality.

True but to make a shop thread you need to be lvl 6? and mage crafter has a prereq of 3rd lvl?

Edit also theres been talk of genralizing the whole process, I think

Last edited:

Bront

The man with the probe
Yeah, it's all up in the air.

Some things work well inside an adventure, like caravans selling things, or PCs selling to NPCs directly. Others need to be genralized, like NPCs buying minor things from a shop. Others need to be available outside of an adventure, like a PC to PC transation.

In a way, this is no different than a living convention campaign, though the resources are different. You need to make sure that things are fair and managable, but you want PCs to have fun and be flexable and different. It's all a matter of compromise.

Velmont

First Post
Ok, it has been forgotten, and I thought of it, and I said myself, keep it simple, so here a new suggestion:

Shop

A shop cost 500gp for a player to acquire. This shop allow the player to sell item to other player, just as the RDI Trading-Post, but without the 5% comission of Joe.

It may also be used by the Job system (see the other thread for explanation)

A player may, at his wish, sell items through the Trading-Post thread or through a new thread.

Isn't that simple enough?

Last edited:

helium3

First Post
Velmont said:
Ok, it has been forgotten, and I thought of it, and I said myself, keep it simple, so here a new suggestion:

Isn't that simple enough?

Uhhh. Whatever happened to this concept? I just got a character approved who's long term goal is to gain enough experience to start crafting phancy weapons and armor. A shop where I could sell these items to actual PC's would be really cool. My impression of the thread is that it's died from lack of attention. Is that the case?

Manzanita

First Post
I like your writeup, Velmont. I think you're a fine candidate to make the first shop. We may have to modify it as it plays out, but your suggestion sounds good to me for starters. I suppose you need to dig out your 'leadership' thread as well. But if you take it in order to get a henchman to run your shop, I don't think there will be any objections to that either.

Velmont

First Post
Yeah, lack of attention, but I know one thing, it is the simpler a proposal is, the sooner it is approved (or rejected). And why making things complicated when you can make it simple...

I have an idea for Leadership, but that would be more touchy... but if it pass, I think I have a good idea of my cohort... my wife! :)

Manzanita

First Post
This seems very reasonable. Though I reserve the right to change my mind about it at a later date, I think we should allow Rinaldo to set up a shop along these lines. I vote Yes.

Remove ads