• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Short question on miniatures

ledded

Herder of monkies
Are you talking about the plastic stuff they are selling now, or the older metal ones?

The metal ones were a good 28mm+

The plastic ones may vary some, but I have several of the human-like ones and they are barely 25mm, maybe a touch more, and fairly anemic too. Their bases are molded on and quite thin compared to a plastic slotted base or a Clix base, maybe half that height on average and usually just wide enough for the fig to stand up properly.

While they do fit fairly well with most of the 28-30mm metal stuff out there as they were intended to do, they will look a little smaller and thinner than the average metal. Their monsters are a bit bigger from what I've seen, but I'm no expert.

If you are looking for plastic, take a look at ebay or companies like www.pjcc.com for their mage knight and heroclix singles. The quality varies, but most of them are superior to the D&D stuff IMO. The latest set of the D&D plastic looks like it might be better at a glance, but I havent seen any up close yet.

Kalendraf

Explorer
In regards to the bases of the D&D miniatures series, they are circular with medium-sized creatures having approximately a 1 inch (or 25 mm) diameter base. Larger sized figures have bases approximately 2 inches (or 50 mm) in diameter. The small size creatures have bases that are less than an inch (so less than 25mm), but I'm not sure the exact size of those.

Last edited:

Note that even if the bases are a little less than 1 inch (medium) or 2 inches (large), some (plastic WotC) minis have features that extend out of the area defined by their base (limbs, appendages, wings, etc.).

My biggest mini would probably fit in a 2"X2"X2.5" box (silver dragon from the archfiends line)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads