• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Short Sheets Issue 3 - Spells to Get You Places

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
After a month or two, I decided to do another one of these things. Let me know what you think. In this issue:

Spells to Get You Places - Three new spells to help your travel.
Astral Planetoids - Randomly generate features of the hunks of land in the astral plane.

If anyone wants them, I'll repost the older issues of Short Sheets: Bow of the Woodlands and Guilds: Join Up!

poilbrun

Explorer
I'd like a repost of the previous issues. I remember bow of the woodland, but never saw the other one... BTW, I didn't see any attachment to your post to download issue 3...:confused:

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
Whoa, well-balanced? Really? Considering I've never made spells before, that's nice to know. I'm open to criticism, though, if anybody thinks my spells stink. If you have something nice to say, I don't mind either.

JDRay

First Post
Well, I don't know much about balance, either, but I like the spells. They've got great flavor (I tasted all three, the last is like vanilla :p ), and seem like they would fit well in a campaign. I did sort of wonder about the 100 gp price for the spell component for Bridge, but then realized that it's not necessarily destroyed in the spellcasting process. If it stays around, then I think it's okay.

One minor bit of criticism: Check your typing. I read all three documents, and found a bunch of typos. In the Elven Archer sheet, you say something to the effect that "...primary abilities for an Elven Archer should be Constitution and ." Later, the reader figures out it should say, "...and Strength." Elsewhere you used "were" where you should've had "where." (Sorry for MY poor sentance construction there!)

Anyhow, lauds to you. If these are regular, you should set up a subscription service for them.

HalfElfSorcerer

First Post
Yeah, I guess I have some typos. I could launch into a long and harrowing story of why they're there, but it would be boring and take to long to type. As for subscribing, that would make people angry, seeing as there was a two-month or so gap between two issues and my sense of purpose is abysmal when I am either earning no money doing something, not enjoying something immensley, or having a grade rely on it. And sometimes even then. So, though I plan to do more, I doubt I can ever set up a subscription. Thanks for your comments.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads