D&D 5E short Underdark delve/treks/scenarios for levels 11+ ?

CapnZapp

Legend
Then my question becomes: can you recommend any good underdark dungeon delves to slot into the adventure? At level 12ish I suppose. Any edition's good.

I'm mostly asking for short adventures, since we already have an overall story. A location based scenario offering half a dozen encounters would be perfect.
Broadening the audience for this question beyond OotA:

Do you know of any short underdark dungeon delves for level 10 - 15 characters? (Any edition)

PS. The key word is "short" - I'm not looking for mentions of the classic campaign mega-modules; I'm looking for short but fully developed adventures easily slotted in any underdark story. Thank you :)

Chimpy

First Post
I guess the best bet are past Dragon/Dungeon issues. Finding FR adventures is quite hard because to recently it was the realm (pun intended) of WotC authors only.

What you're looking for is quite specific - it might be best just to write your own.

dave2008

Legend
The Demon Queens Enclave is a 14-17 level 4e adventure which would map on to your 5e level range i think. The whole thing may not be short, but maybe you can use parts of it.

Journey through the Underdark: it is for 4th and 5th lvl 5e, but it might easy to beef up the combats/challenges (I'm guessing you have to do that anyway) DMs Guild: http://www.dmsguild.com/product/173593/Journey-Through-the-Center-of-the-Underdark?src=slider_view&filters=45469

I have not run either of these so can't attest to how good they may or may not be.

steeldragons

Steeliest of the dragons
Epic
Descent into the Depths of the Earth is actually two adventures in one: "Descent into the Depths of the Earth" and "Shrine of the Kuo-Toa". If you split them up/run them separately or out of order, you have two short[er] Underdark adventures.

If you want more intrigue/interaction and less combat/exploration/hack n' slash, Vault of the Drow, really is a fairly short n' small adventure taken on its own...no one says you HAVE to run through D1-2 first and use Q1 after.

CapnZapp

Legend
Thanks all - I'll see what I can find!

What you're looking for is quite specific - it might be best just to write your own.
I was hoping you wouldn't say that.

Is it really that specific?

Take all side treks or dungeon delves (or whatever short adventures are called). Remove scenarios set outdoors or in civilized lands (cities, castles, etc). Remove scenarios meant for levels 1-10.

I really would have thought this left at least some juicy bits...?

The point of this thread is that I'm curious as to what underground challenges past heroes have encountered when they're past level 10 or so... Is there really no high level stuff like this (outside mega campaigns)?

PS. I'm definitely not ruling out non-Realms material. Just saying... (And thanks, regardless!)

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
Any adventure intended for 1st or 2nd level characters should be pretty short if a bunch of level 11s tackle it.

One of my go-to adventure sources has always been the 2nd Edition Al-Qadim Cities of Bone sourcebox, which has 6 adventures ranging from 1st level through 10th or so in challenge. All of them include dungeon crawl sections, though some involve a lot more diplomacy and discretion than the others. They are all pretty portable to anywhere you want to use them.

"Court of the Necromancers" (probably the least dungeon-crawly of the lot, really) is one of my favorite adventures ever.

Remove ads