Shot on the Run, Manyshot and stuff :)

Darklone

Yeah, using Manyshot in Surprise rounds is nice... archers like to use it for shooting and moving into cover to hide. Enemy follows... does not see archer... sneak attack party.

Marshall

First Post
Lab Monkey said:
Well, I'd hardly say this is the only use for either feat. Manyshot is awesome on surprise rounds where all you can do is a standard action. I also lets you move and take your full # of attacks. In both of those situations it's pretty good.

OK, Manyshot has a use outside the combo with SotR. One not worth wasting a feat on and one that doesnt justify the ridiculous penalties associated with it.
(Its should be -2 per additional arrow, not each)
Shot on the Run is nice for moving from cover, firing, and returning to cover. Lather, rinse, repeat.

Not worth a feat. Why? Because....
Under certain circumstances, you can even get the benefits of the combo without SotR. If you're lying behind a wall, you can stand up (move action), use manyshot (standard action) and drop to prone (free action).

You can simulate SotR without the feat, its not even a really powerful ability to let you fire at any point of your move without the feat, AND theres already another feat that does exactly the same thing(Spring Attack). Why seperate the feats out?

And since I can use MS while I simulate SotR, why shouldn't I be able to use MS after I spend the extra darn feat to actually do SotR???

heggland

First Post
Lab Monkey said:
Manyshot is awesome on surprise rounds where all you can do is a standard action. I also lets you move and take your full # of attacks. In both of those situations it's pretty good.

But it's only worth it if you hit on 12+, or need a natural 20, right? Or is my math off?

Remove ads