• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Should 4e convert to metric?

Metric or imperial?

• Metric! France rocks!

Votes: 168 49.7%
  • Imperial! God save the Queen!

Votes: 170 50.3%

Hairfoot

First Post
What would gnomes use? They'd use metric. Therefore metric is the more appropriate system. Reductio ad gnomus, or some similar butchering of Latin.

Brown Jenkin

First Post
Hairfoot said:
What would gnomes use? They'd use metric. Therefore metric is the more appropriate system. Reductio ad gnomus, or some similar butchering of Latin.

But then the metric system would be relegated to the Monster Manual and not the Players Handbook. :)

Kzach

Banned
Banned
Mustrum_Ridcully said:
You haven't been around on ENWorld much, eh? ;)
Since it was Eric Noah's Unofficial 3e News, actually. Just not with this nick.

And since when is there a plethora of smart things said here to choose from?

I know I'm certainly not guilty of any :D

lutecius

Explorer
Hairfoot said:
Reductio ad gnomus, or some similar butchering of Latin.
ad gnomicum :)

HeavenShallBurn said:
Yes I suppose you were just luring them in for your clever ambush in both world wars. Oh and you clearly don't have a holiday where everyone runs around waving surrender flags. :p Wake me up when your next Napoleon arrives, I wouldn't want to miss anything. ;)
ironvyper said:
One can expect the french to be arrogant, they have thousands of years of surrender and hairy women to make up for. Its just another face of little man syndrome.
You know, when I, as a frenchman mentioned the "arrogant french" stereotype, i thought it was kind of ok.
But it was not meant as an invitation for offensive, not to mention inaccurate comments.
I could retort, but I think there are rules against that in this forum.

As for Napoleon, I don’t think the greatness of a nation should be measured by its propensity to invade other countries.

lutecius said:
You know, when I, as a frenchman mentioned the "arrogant french" stereotype, i thought it was kind of ok.
But it was not meant as an invitation for offensive, not to mention inaccurate comments.
I could retort, but I think there are rules against that in this forum.

As for Napoleon, I don’t think the greatness of a nation should be measured by its propensity to invade other countries.

Most of those responses probably came from my taking that arrogant stereotype and running with it. As an ex-pat, I'm used to that kind of remarks and use them myself, too. If you are less receptive, then please accept my apologies for calling them out. I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.

Kzach said:
Since it was Eric Noah's Unofficial 3e News, actually. Just not with this nick.

And since when is there a plethora of smart things said here to choose from?

I know I'm certainly not guilty of any :D
Maybe you're way smarter than me, or a much better DM, but I read so much on this boards that "educated" me, that I'd say EnWorld is pretty good. But then, I might tend to ignore the bad parts and remember the good parts easier... ;)

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
In my Fourth Edition games, squares will be one metre on a side. This makes them significantly smaller than a five-foot-square space, but to be perfectly honest five square feet is to my mind implausibly large as a space for one character to "occupy" in the D&D sense.

The other advantage of this is that it brings the scale of rooms back down to a sensible, real-world size. If you have a corridor that's one square wide, a metre across is a bit more realistic than five feet, which is mildly ginormous.

Remove ads