Should I go PC only or get a PS4

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Not so bad?

The only ways to get out of the default email program is alt+f4 to shut it down, or alt-tab to switch to the next program. There is no minimize. What's the thinking behind that? Can you give me a logical explanation? It's about as counter-intuitive as having to throw the disk in the trash in order to eject it!

During reboot, Win 8 sometimes reassigns drive letters. This, of course, breaks all file links. Yes, there is a procedure that lets you over-ride and repair this damage, but why was it allowed to happen in the first place? Seems this was also a problem in Win7--in which case, they've had a whole version in which to fix this, but failed to address the problem.

Heck, I've only been using this for a couple months. Imagine the litany I'll have after 4-5 years?

If you do get Win8, buy the pieces yourself, and install everything yourself. Do not buy some corporate package with the tons and tons of foist-ware they inflict on their poor systems. If those programs were any good, they'd be available for purchase instead of having to piggy-back on or with another program.

During reboot, Win 8 sometimes reassigns drive letters. This, of course, breaks all file links. Yes, there is a procedure that lets you over-ride and repair this damage, but why was it allowed to happen in the first place? Seems this was also a problem in Win7--in which case, they've had a whole version in which to fix this, but failed to address the problem.

I've never had that issue pop up while using 7 for the past two years

Remove ads