• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Should they release the DNDXP material?

broghammerj

Explorer
So my question is from a marketing standpoint would it be good for WotC to release the DnDXP material to the public as a big downloadable file?

That would allow those of us who didn't make it to sample the material in play. I think it would be an ingenious marketing ploy. Just wondering what others thought.

im_robertb

First Post
If they don't, we're going to play 4th Edition anyway, but with fanmade adventures. And we're going to do it wrong, making the system look really bad, and then people we invite to the games we're running won't buy 4th Edition. Yeah, that's what'll happen. Clearly they should post the adventures they were using.

Zinovia

Explorer
I'd love it if they did. I'm excited to try out 4th edition before doing the full-scale playtest when Keep on the Shadowfell comes out in May. If the official dungeon crawls aren't published, I'll take a look at some of the adventures cobbled together by fans using the bits and pieces we do have access to. I printed off the character sheets and have been showing them around my gaming group already. People are interested, but not yet committed to 4E.

luciddarkchild

First Post
I'm running a 4th preview for next Sunday game next week. My players don't know about it, but I have one unknown, and one who is definitely interested. If WotC releases one of the delves, I'll it. If not then I'll use one of the fan mades. Either way this is going to be a 4th eds first test, for me and my group...and we all know how important first impressions are...

mhensley

First Post
I think they should release a 4e lite pdf just like sjg does with gurps lite. We already have almost all the info needed for it right now, but it would be nice if it were official. Of course they have said that they are still tweaking some rules, so maybe they don't want to commit to anything yet.

Having run 5 previous playtest/preview things with my group at various stages (starting back in October, about once a month, til now) I can say that the whole of my gaming group would be elated to play through the D&DXP demo thingies, if only to see how close to the mark I was with my previous work.

Please? Pretty please without any anchovies?

-TRRW

bgardner

First Post
I'm pretty sure they won't be releasing this before the books are out. They will be releasing a new LFR preview adventure for Worldwide D&D Game Day (June 7th, 2008). So on Worldwide D&D Game Day you could play the adventure they provide (4E), plus a Living Forgotten Realms (LFR) preview adventure, plus a new "arena battle" adventure that coming with the game day stuff. To top it off, you can host worldwide D&D gameday at any public location - it does not have to be a retail location.

EDIT: The LFR preview adventures as seen at D&D XP will definitely be available through the RPGA starting June 6th 2008.

Last edited:

Remove ads