• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Should WotC launch a new Living Campaign with D&D Next?

Campbell

Relaxed Intensity
I can't find sufficient superlatives to describe how much I like this idea.

- Marty Lund

As someone who plays L5R I can't find sufficient superlatives to describe how much I dislike this idea. We need less meta-plot. Not more.

Askalon1510

First Post
LC - LG Player

I played both LC and LG. i loved both. From a High adventure/high magic/high reward to the low reward/low magic/big bad guys they were both a lot of fun and had great points to them. I hated it when they stopped LC. You could go anywhere and play the same modules, however that also meant once you played them all or got caught up you had to wait. IMHO, LC would be a great place to start. you only have to write a few modules to get people going again.

LG was awesome that you did have regional play and controlled what happened in your area and to the bigger story in general. Being from Iowa I traveled to Omaha for our Con's and had tons of fun and then hit up Wisconsin to play a different regions modules. It would take a lot of work, but it can be rebuilt.

i never made the switch to 4e and never found out about pathfinders to continue with. To be honest i moved from my regular gaming group and never found another one like it and I didn't like where WotC was headed for the game style so i just quit playing. my oldest son played 4e in school and loved it, but there was no longer any local groups or con's to play at.

With the intro of 5e, My oldest and middle son are looking to play and i can say i am finally excited to play again.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Holy thread necromancy!

First off, welcome to ENWorld, [MENTION=6788747]Askalon1510[/MENTION]! I'm glad to hear 5th Edition is bringing you back to gaming, and has your family into it too. Some of my fondest memories are gaming with my brothers when we were young(ish).

Secondly, I think we can now see the shape of 'Living Campaigns' in 5th. Encounters programs have a persistent story, letting you gain rep with factions and influence the shape of the narrative in big convention events. What I've seen, and what I've played has all been quite good.

MortalPlague

Adventurer
Good thread to necromance though. It's nice to look at it now and see how 5th Edition has approached and dablled with the living game style so far, since its launch.

Remove ads