Showdown in the Forgotten Ruins

Rystil Arden

First Post
"I am...not sure as to what the omen entails. I just know that something terrible has begun..."

"Even entering this place has violated our laws. We are stewards...tasked to protect all of this..."

"And probably the seal around this whole area was part of that, right? But that's gone now. You certainly don't want evil people like that dragon guy and his friends to run off with this treasure, since that would be much worse, so you should let us take it. It's like outlawing swords. Then only the criminals have swords, since they will break the law, so you make it even worse."

"Even so..."

BigB

First Post
"I am...not sure as to what the omen entails. I just know that something terrible has begun..."

"Even entering this place has violated our laws. We are stewards...tasked to protect all of this..."

"And probably the seal around this whole area was part of that, right? But that's gone now. You certainly don't want evil people like that dragon guy and his friends to run off with this treasure, since that would be much worse, so you should let us take it. It's like outlawing swords. Then only the criminals have swords, since they will break the law, so you make it even worse."

"Even so..."

Perhaps it is time to make a change....err an adjustment to your laws as the sanctum has already been breached. We may be establishing or protecting everything as we know it even when we do not know how or why. What has happened cannot be changed and more evil could come if treasure is left behind for the evil ones to claim. Feel secure that the treasure will be used to uphold the law and bring justice to those that tresspass upon the law.

Rhys hefts his heavy backpack convinced the treasure must be taken to prevent the other group from getting it.

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Indeed. Rhys has the right of this. Look, as a Paladin I don't like it, but if you need us to do it in order to help you avoid breaking your laws while still doing what is right, we can take these things without your agreement and make sure your protest is noticed."

*Sashal looks extremely upset by this, but there is little she can do at this point, and it is true that the evil ones could return and grab any of this now that the guardian has been dispatched.*

(OOC: Okay, so we have--

IA's Tandi, Scun, and Cade

as well as

BotES's Rhys, Eskon, and Findoram

Did I miss anyone?

That'll be 6666 GP for each person. Also, XP. I think I already gave XP for the dragon. In that case, I'll look and find time XP, and there's also XP for the evil adventuring group--characters get:

Level 1-3 characters: 1000 XP
Level 4 characters: 833 XP)

Bront

The man with the probe
Wow, a reward! Sweet.

What is Cade due since the last award he got? (obviously, he doesn't get much since I left).

just want to keep all my ends tidy :)

Brain

First Post
Scun replies in his most cheerful growl, "Back to town, and let the old man know where he can take his daughter for the cure."

Remove ads