• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Showing love to our enablers

I married a gamer girl. When I moved into the area (back in '85) she was GMing the Champions game I got into. We game at our place weekly, and she plays. The two of us do solo roleplaying as well.

So we enable each other. :)

Shades of Green

First Post
My spouse is a gamer herself, and we game quite a lot together; I'm the one who've introduced her to gaming in the first place, first to Shadowrun and then to D&D. I usually buy her gaming or sci-fi/fantasy books as birthday presents, too (this year I bought her Paranoia, suits her sense of humor pretty well).

Last edited:

Kimyou

First Post
I've moved in with my girlfriend about 2 months back and she's always been very supportive of my hobby. She played a few sessions, and I'm sure she'll do so again in the future.

All in all, this is a girl that supports the pseudo-religious significance of my saturday night's game. It's a wonderful life and I will never be able to thank her enough.

Negflar2099

Explorer
I met my wife at a game and even though it turned out not to be her thing (she was invited by her then boyfriend who was trying to make her a gamer) and she doesn't game anymore she's always been supportive of my hobby. In fact we game at our house and I even bounce game ideas off of her. I'm a very lucky man. :D

lin_fusan

First Post
My girlfriend games with me and enjoys learning about games. I get to talk about the "history of games" and why people enjoy one type of game over another, which makes me feel smarter than I really am. B-)

Whenever I agonize over spending money on a game, she generally tells me to go ahead and buy it. It's funny how that completely absolves me of any guilt. :D

Nifelhein

First Post
My fiancee supports me, she understands how important it is to me and allows me to have enough time to GM / play, I will drop by your blog. :)

renau1g

First Post
My now wife used to play for a few years, but lately twins have kept us busy. She decided she enjoyed playing, but not as much as some of her other pasttimes including working out. So she decided to give it up. that being said, she still encourages me to play, offering to watch twin infants every other week so I can game. Good times

john112364

First Post
My biggest enabler is my wife too. She doesn't play, has no interest in playing but doesn't mind me playing. In fact, she likes it because she can go out with her best girl friend and not feel guilty. And even though she doesn't game (and teases me sometimes) we do share similar tastes in fantasy and sience fiction books, movies, and TV.
And we met through a fellow gamer, so DnD has been very, very good to me! :D

Dextra

Social Justice Wizard
the only thing i miss about my ex was he gave great game.

my new fella has gamed over the years, but was never a gamer. i got him playing in a 3.5 "fringe in the underdark" campaign i started with the youngest gelfling, and i've caught him making jokes about needing to roll initiative. this'uns a keeper.

Remove ads