Sick of Channel Divinity

My understanding of the power, as read, is that if you are not already an Avenger it wouldn't work, as the Trigger requires an ally to attack your Oath of Enmity target...
Hmm, my twist of words may have been too, uh, twisted. I simply meant that the "roll twice" aspect granted by Divine Guidance was similar to the Avenger's ability.

samursus

Explorer
Hmm, my twist of words may have been too, uh, twisted. I simply meant that the "roll twice" aspect granted by Divine Guidance was similar to the Avenger's ability.

Well, Divine Guidance IS an Avenger feature... I kinda get the feeling we are talking about different things :)

My whole point being, Divine Guidance, as written, can't be used by any other class Divine or otherwise, because one needs the Oath of Enmity to trigger it. I don't know why its listed as an option for the Versatile Channeler feat in the CB.

MrMyth

First Post
Well, Divine Guidance IS an Avenger feature... I kinda get the feeling we are talking about different things :)

My whole point being, Divine Guidance, as written, can't be used by any other class Divine or otherwise, because one needs the Oath of Enmity to trigger it. I don't know why its listed as an option for the Versatile Channeler feat in the CB.

I think you are misreading what he is saying. He isn't saying someone else can take Divine Guidance to be like the Avenger once per encounter. He is saying that when the Avenger uses Divine Guidance, it lets someone else be like the Avenger once per encounter! It isn't the person who takes the power that gets to be like an Avenger, it is the person targeted by the power.

samursus

Explorer
I think you are misreading what he is saying. He isn't saying someone else can take Divine Guidance to be like the Avenger once per encounter. He is saying that when the Avenger uses Divine Guidance, it lets someone else be like the Avenger once per encounter! It isn't the person who takes the power that gets to be like an Avenger, it is the person targeted by the power.

Thank you for clarifying... my mind just wouldn't go there... I knew something wasn't getting through :)

Thanee

First Post
As a Cleric, I like to have one more CD power (my PnP Cleric has the Melora's Tide feat). Turn Undead is very situational, but also very good, if needed. Healer's Mercy is ok, but I prefer to keep Turn Undead. Divine Fortune is not really that great (the only benefit is, that it is always useful, while many other powers are situational, so you will always have something to use your CD on). Being able to regenerate anyone up to bloodied is pretty useful (esp. out of combat).

Also, there are items like the Symbol of Divinity to use CD more often.

Bye
Thanee

Kzach

Banned
Banned
As a Cleric, I like to have one more CD power (my PnP Cleric has the Melora's Tide feat). Turn Undead is very situational, but also very good, if needed. Healer's Mercy is ok, but I prefer to keep Turn Undead.
The problem with Turn Undead is that ultimately it's just an AOE radiant damage power, which clerics have plenty of, and given it's intensely situational benefit, Healer's Mercy is a thousand times better an option.

The amount of times I've seen Healer's Mercy bring a party back from the brink of TPK is, quite frankly, grounds IMO for nerfing the Hell out of it.

Also, there are items like the Symbol of Divinity to use CD more often.
Granted, but that shouldn't be used as a basis for balancing a system mechanic. The item should be balanced according to the mechanic, not be a requirement to balance it.

Remove ads