• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Sidewinder: Recoiled

Brad Hindman

First Post
Howdy folks,

Let me introduce myself to these forums. Along with Geoff Spakes (who you have already met), Chris Warner, Tom Gregory, and Karl Keesler, I am one of the cowpokes involved in writing Sidewinder: Recoiled .

I have included a list of the advanced classes that will appear in Sidewinder: Recoiled below. The chapter with advanced classes has not yet been finalized, so it is possible that this list will change.

- Brad

Bounty Hunter
Brave
Desperado
Grifter
Gunslinger
Maverick
Mountain Man
Pony Soldier
Preacher
Professor
Pugilist
Rifleman
Rustler
Sawbones
Scout
Showman
Soldier
Tin Star
Wrangler

JPL

Adventurer
Great! I love advanced classes...something to shoot for, so to speak.

It looks like you've covered all the bases, too.

"Professor" is unexpected, but welcome...I think it would be a good roleplaying opportunity to throw the King of the Greenhorns into a party of hardened gunslingers.

Speaking of gunslinging...any special rules for showdowns? Are the parties voluntarily giving up their dodge bonuses? I've never seen a cowboy actually try to dodge during a showdown...they always just stand their ground and look mean.

Brad Hindman

First Post
JPL said:
Speaking of gunslinging...any special rules for showdowns? Are the parties voluntarily giving up their dodge bonuses? I've never seen a cowboy actually try to dodge during a showdown...they always just stand their ground and look mean.

There will be special rules for showdowns. But, you will just have to wait and see what those rules actually are :)

- Brad

Brad Hindman

First Post
JPL said:
"Professor" is unexpected, but welcome...I think it would be a good roleplaying opportunity to throw the King of the Greenhorns into a party of hardened gunslingers.

I am a big fan of the TV show "Peacemakers". Tom Berenger's deputy was a major inspiration for the Professor advanced class.

- Brad

JPL

Adventurer
Brad Hindman said:
There will be special rules for showdowns. But, you will just have to wait and see what those rules actually are :)

- Brad

Fair enough.

Sorry to hear that the pdf is still a few weeks off, but doing it right is much more important. You guys are going to be the only game in town for Western d20...might as well make it so good that everyone can pretty much agree that you own that particular niche.

Geoff

First Post
JPL said:
Fair enough.

Sorry to hear that the pdf is still a few weeks off, but doing it right is much more important. You guys are going to be the only game in town for Western d20...might as well make it so good that everyone can pretty much agree that you own that particular niche.

We were also dissapointed that we had to nudge the date back as well, but we figured better to do it up right than get it out quick. I would have jumped in here quicker, but it seems like Brad has done a bang-up job answering your questions.

Just an FYI, but we've recently added a message board over at the DHR site where we are field questions as well. Feel free to come on over there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads