• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Silverthorne Games 2005 Releases

Frilf

Explorer
Greetings, all! :)

What follows is the list of official releases for Silverthorne Games for 2005. The products have been divided into neat little sub-categories so you can skip to the stuff that interests you most (Dungeon Blocks, General RPG, Realms of Evernor, Templates). So, without further ado, here are the goods (including, but not limited to):

DUNGEON BLOCKS
Gastronomicon
by Ian S. Johnston
Tired of serving generic dwarven ale at every watering hole your PCs venture into? The typical adventuring party spends a considerable amount of time in inns, taverns, and on the road. What do they eat? How is it prepared? In this truly unique volume from the author of the Book of Templates and the Realms of Evernor Campaign Setting comes the definitive d20 source on medieval and fantasy food. Sample dishes and menus, ideas for unique and unusual foods, a glossary of food terms and preparation techniques, and authentic sample recipes are included! Bon apetit!

Minor Magicks
by Carrie Schutrick
Does your campaign lack a little flavor in the magic department? Looking for some useful and creative cantrips and first level spells that players might like to add to their game? Then look no further! This creative supplement adds a number of unique spells and magic items that round out the typical assortment of standard spells quite nicely. Perfect for NPCs or PCs that want to distinguish themselves from the hordes of magic missile/mage armor casters out there.

Tainted Troves: A Collection of Cursed Items
by Ian S. Johnston
Over 100 new cursed items, plus all the cursed items from the SRD in a single 40-page volume - over 120 cursed "treasures" to place amid the spoils the PCs gain through their adventurous exploits. Shock and surprise your players with new cursed armors, shields, weapons, wondrous items, scrolls, potions, rings, rods, wands, artifacts, and locales. Also included are notes on creating and placing cursed items, the nature of curses, and much, much more! Available May 2005!

GENERAL RPG
A Turn of Events: Action Cards for Adventurous Souls
by John McCarty
Interject a little variety and spark to your gaming sessions with this fun card set. Each card in A Turn of Events features a player reward or penalty that will put a little controlled chaos into the typical fight!

Here Be Goblins!
by Peter Ellis and Chris Noonan
From full, organized tribes to unique, individual NPCs, this sourcebook is designed to better flesh out the often-overlooked and much-maligned race of goblins. Need goblin shamans, warriors, or druids? Legendary goblins? Wacky goblins? Goblins that are just plain hard to categorize? Then, look no further than Here Be Goblins - because goblins should never be generic!

REALMS OF EVERNOR
City of Aldryn
By Ian S. Johnston
This first in the Cities of Evernor series is a sourcebook detailing the capitol of Gathmurtyn, including its history, important NPCs, dozens of locations/points of interest, adventure seeds, and three complete adventures! Additional information on Gathmurtyn and the surrounding areas is also included. Not playing an Evernor campaign? No problem - the City of Aldryn can be quickly and easily modified to drop into any fantasy world! Coming late 2005.

Kressmer's Bizarre Grimoire
By Ian S. Johnston and Christopher Coyle
The definitive compendium of odd magicks, collected from the most obscure and mystical writings in the Realms of Evernor. The gnome archmage, Kressmer C. Brownburrows has an exhaustive collection of quirky spells, magic items, and artifacts culled from around the world, and he has catalogued them in a single tome. If you're looking for unusual, unique, and sometimes useful spells and items to add a little flavor to your character or campaign world, look no further than the pages of Kressmer's Bizarre Grimoire!

TEMPLATES
Template Troves, Volume III: Diseases, Parasites, and Symbiotes
By Gary Astleford
This third installment in the Tempalte Troves series delves into the realm of diseases, parasitic creatures, and strange symbiotes. Twenty more twisted templates to shock and surprise your party with! Coming Summer 2005!

Crothian

First Post
Lots of really intrigueing sounding books for 2005. Do you have any estimate of release dates on any of them? Are these going to be PDF and any thoughts on trying to break into the prin market?

Frilf

Explorer
These will all be PDF releases, but most will carry a Print On Demand option from RPG Now. We currently have no plans for testing out the traditional print market. As for release dates, I could say, but then I'd have to revise them when the inevitable delays arrive. In general, though -- and you didn't hear it from me -- here are the *estimated* arrival times:

Tainted Troves - May 2005 (next week)

A Turn of Events - May/June 2005

Minor Magicks - May/June 2005

Template Troves III - July/August 2005

Gastronomicon - August 2005

Here Be Goblins - September 2005

Kressmer's Bizarre Grimoire - October 2005

City of Aldryn - December 2005

Hope that helps! :)

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
Frilf said:
Greetings, all! :)
TEMPLATES
Template Troves, Volume III: Diseases, Parasites, and Symbiotes
By Gary Astleford
This third installment in the Tempalte Troves series delves into the realm of diseases, parasitic creatures, and strange symbiotes. Twenty more twisted templates to shock and surprise your party with! Coming Summer 2005!

One of my all-time fave authors to see working in the industry!

Crothian

First Post
If Hound says your good, then I trust him on that. And seeing that you are worked on my favorite setting ever (Thieves World) means that you will forever be in my good graces.

Thieves Quarter and Temple Queater are absolutely great books, thanks for your work on those. I haven't seen much else you've done but based on what I have seen I am now reallly looking forward to Template Troves, Volume III: Diseases, Parasites, and Symbiotes. :D

Barrier Peaks

First Post
Crothian said:
I haven't seen much else you've done but based on what I have seen I am now reallly looking forward to Template Troves, Volume III: Diseases, Parasites, and Symbiotes. :D
Not only is my head swelling, but I'm starting to get a little bit of performance anxiety!

Seriously, though; I certainly hope TTIII lives up to expectations. Once you've got a copy, be sure and let me know what you think.

Gary

Crothian

First Post
Not a problem, I review most everything Silverthorne Games puts out so you'll get a nice big does of my opinion. Consider yourself warned. ;)

Frilf

Explorer
die_kluge said:
Indeed. I'll have to pick up a few of those. Silverthorne is trying to become my favorite d20 publisher, aren't they?
We're working on it! And we thought you'd never figure it out! ;) We appreciate the support!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads