• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Simple 1st Level Builds (Now with paladin builds)

tombowings

First Post
This is a tool to help players, specifically new players, create characters and understand how to play certain types of builds in combat.

Attached is a PDFs for the 1st level Cleric, Fighter, Paladin builds I have create, along with a summary of how each build should function in combat and how to level the build up correctly.

I'm looking for feedback on the builds and whether you think this would be a helpful tool for new players.

Eventually, I will have builds for all classes; this is a work in progress.

Cheers,
Tombo

Attachments

• Simple 1st Level Cleric Builds.pdf
    50.1 KB · Views: 126
  • Simple 1st Level Fighter Builds.pdf
    55.8 KB · Views: 133
  • Simple 1st Level Paladin Builds.pdf
    54.7 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Looks pretty good to me. It helps steer new players in an effective direction, as they will probably have more fun being able to use their powers more effectively. Only reason I say this is the 4 choices for races are the most compatible for the class.

tombowings

First Post
Looks pretty good to me. It helps steer new players in an effective direction, as they will probably have more fun being able to use their powers more effectively. Only reason I say this is the 4 choices for races are the most compatible for the class.

That was intentional. I was to have all of the builds be effective from first level onwards. At one point I considered doing a building for each class/race combination, but many of the builds ended up being repetitive or ineffective. For clerics, I am considering adding back in the halfling battle cleric as it fit slightly different role than any of the other builds I ended up with.

amnuxoll

First Post
These look fine to me.

A couple typos:

In the cleric (right column): "don’t be affair"
In the fighter (right column): "at level"

tombowings

First Post
I'm working on Paladins now. if you have any suggestions or concerns to any of the builds I have posted, please let me know.

Cheers,
Tombo

tombowings

First Post
Update: I have all of my builds complete. I just have to finish the write-ups for how each build is played and leveled up. Surprisingly, this is taking much longer than I excepted and I have become rather busy. Expect to see more updates on Saturday.

Until then, give me feedback on layout, usefulness, improvements, anything.

Remove ads