• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Simple Cheap Cyberware system....kinda

Sravoff

First Post
Ok, So I am combining some cyber punk into my next campiagn.

So I need some simple cyberware. I don't have money to get any books, so I was hoping to balance this bit out.

For 250 experience points, times your current level, plus any fees for a doctor actually surgically implanting the cyber ware, you gain cyber level.

Each cyber level can do one of the following.
-4 points, these points can be divided amoung any number of skills, or bonus to initiative
checks.Example: Ed gets a +2 to jump, and a +1 to hide, and a +1 to initiative checks.
-A feat
-A +1 to any one attribute
-+1 Natural armor
-+2 vs. a single type of save, Fire, electricity, mind affecting, fear...
-+1 DR/-

Any ideas for anything else? Or any problems with this one?

Comments greatly apreciated.
-Sravoff

anton1066

First Post
The modern srd has rules for cybernetics for free. also i would question the balance of your system. it seems that a bonus to an ability score is a little more powerful then 4 skill points.

as always everything i say is just MHO.

Sravoff

First Post
anton1066 said:
The modern srd has rules for cybernetics for free. also i would question the balance of your system. it seems that a bonus to an ability score is a little more powerful then 4 skill points.

as always everything i say is just MHO.
Thanks.
I had no idea about the srd, I'll check into it.

Yeah, that seems a bit off, per haps 6 to divide?

And how balanced is the DR and natural armor? I wasn't sure how those usually measure up to one another.

Thakns again for the feed back
-Sravoff

Sravoff

First Post
The other idea was....shoudl this result in a LA adjustment eventually? I was thinking once you got four levels of cybernetics, you would get a +1 LA....

Also, you can't gain more than two levels for any one specific piece. You can't raise an atribute more than twice, you can't gain more than 2 DR, or more than 12 skill points to a single skill, (that should prolly acp at 6) Cap initiative at +6 total.

Aus_Snow

First Post
I have a couple of (free) documents on cyberware for d20 I could pass on, if you like. I'd say "go find them!" or (more helpfully) "go find them here!", but I don't know if they're even still out there, let alone where if they are.

That being said, I quite like the treatment given in Cybernet (by Mongoose Publishing), if only because it mirrors rather closely the system used by a certain RPG that went by the same name as the genre itself. :) It's far from being a perfect book, but for doing cyberpunk, it makes d20 Modern and all its attachments look. . . a bit pale at best.

Anyway, my email's aus_snow at letterboxes dot org. Feel free to grab a copy of some (possibly useful) unpublished docs that way.

hth.

Sravoff

First Post
Aus_Snow said:
I have a couple of (free) documents on cyberware for d20 I could pass on, if you like. I'd say "go find them!" or (more helpfully) "go find them here!", but I don't know if they're even still out there, let alone where if they are.

That being said, I quite like the treatment given in Cybernet (by Mongoose Publishing), if only because it mirrors rather closely the system used by a certain RPG that went by the same name as the genre itself. :) It's far from being a perfect book, but for doing cyberpunk, it makes d20 Modern and all its attachments look. . . a bit pale at best.

Anyway, my email's aus_snow at letterboxes dot org. Feel free to grab a copy of some (possibly useful) unpublished docs that way.

hth.
thanks, I'll email you. :p I'll look into cybernet, though as I said, I have pretty limited funds.

thanks for the comments.
-Sravoff

Dimrei

First Post
Hmmmwell Its not like my input really matters but here it goes. For your level adjustment Idea four levels of cyber to 1 LA seems to Be strong as anything that puts a race in a more unbalanced in the stats usually causes a +1 LA right there (I think I read that from savage species) so maybe for every two cyber levels give 'em an adjustment (just a suggesttion) And for the +2 saves thing Its a good Idea But I don't think it would apply to Electricity or fire as both of those mess with hardware. Besides that it looks cool

Sravoff

First Post
Dimrei said:
Hmmmwell Its not like my input really matters but here it goes. For your level adjustment Idea four levels of cyber to 1 LA seems to Be strong as anything that puts a race in a more unbalanced in the stats usually causes a +1 LA right there (I think I read that from savage species) so maybe for every two cyber levels give 'em an adjustment (just a suggesttion) And for the +2 saves thing Its a good Idea But I don't think it would apply to Electricity or fire as both of those mess with hardware. Besides that it looks cool

Perhaps the LA adjustemnt is a little shallow, but the character loses a bit of xp when they gain the cyberware any ways, some where there is middle ground.

The +2 for saves I want to not have any restriction, as a flame retardent something or other could be grafted to the skin, same for electricity. Impractical I know, but it is still a fantssy game. :p

-Sravoff

Remove ads