• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Since when was sign in required to view posts?

MarkB

Legend
For me it depends on where I am. If I'm on a public or business computer, I usually don't want to enter my credentials because I don't want them saved or grabbed by a key logger or anything of the sort. I also frequently read the forums on my phone while waiting to pick up one of my kids from their activities, it has problems saving the log in, and it's a pain to log in using the phone, especially if i use a password that has any non-alphanumeric characters.

Much the same for me. I enjoy browsing the forums during my lunch hour at work, but I don't want to enter my username and password there - our usage restrictions would forbid me from posting messages from my work PC in any case, so there'd generally be no reason to do so. This week's experiment has been rather annoying.

Baumi

Adventurer
That's extremly annoying. I always clear my cache after closing the browser so I would have to sign in every time I go to enworld.

Maggan

Writer for CY_BORG, Forbidden Lands and Dragonbane
For me it depends on where I am. If I'm on a public or business computer, I usually don't want to enter my credentials because I don't want them saved or grabbed by a key logger or anything of the sort. I also frequently read the forums on my phone while waiting to pick up one of my kids from their activities, it has problems saving the log in, and it's a pain to log in using the phone, especially if i use a password that has any non-alphanumeric characters.

Yep. So the result was that I just went "huh?" and closed the browser. Figured it was some sort of error that would sort itself out, and that I could do without ENWorld for the time it took for it to be fixed. :)

/M

Elephant

First Post
It's only for a week for Morrus to gather some data. I'm actually surprised that so many people with established accounts don't browse the forums while logged in.

I usually do browse the forums while logged in, but in this case, it had been long enough since last time I logged in that the login cookie had expired (or been cleared; I do that once in a while).

Blood Jester

First Post
Just one more person to say "Very annoying".

I have spent the past week avoiding the site because I thought this was a permanent change which made me choose to stop using the site.

I just decided to check meta to see if there was an explanation for the change, so now I know. I also know how it would change my "user behaviour" if it becomes permanent.

the Jester

Legend
Silly me, I must have missed the announcement of the experiment. Now where exactly is it posted other than scrolling down to the Meta section?

Wow- I find the experiment "theoretically annoying," being as I just leave myself logged in here, but I have no illusions that I am owed some kind of announcement whenever the site owner wants to check things out a little.

C'mon folks, having to log in to browse ENWorld may be slightly aggravating, but it certainly isn't kicking your puppy or anything.

Obryn

Hero
Silly me, I must have missed the announcement of the experiment. Now where exactly is it posted other than scrolling down to the Meta section?

Thank you
ENWorld now uses a special HTML5 functionality for displaying the work-log. You just need to hit Control-W to check out the latest work on the site.

-O

Blood Jester

First Post
ENWorld now uses a special HTML5 functionality for displaying the work-log. You just need to hit Control-W to check out the latest work on the site.

-O

*yawn*
That isn't even a remotely new troll.

If you don't have a real response to another user, stay out of the discussion.

Remove ads