• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Six Nights to Year's End (Merged)

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
The party follows the goblinoids to the west, although Skrymer and Kaeso catch up the the trailing bugbear and finish him off with claw and flail. The passage stops at a door forty feet later, which the goblin throws open and rushes past screaming something in his odd native tongue. You see several goblins beyond the open passage, though they seem to lob something towards you. As Skrymer, Davian and Kaeso reach the entrance to this new, narrow room the entranceway suddenly explodes into a cloud of smoke, obscuring your vision of what is beyond, though the sound of many yelling goblins can be heard.

Tychus

First Post
Glau follows at the rear of the party, gun in his left hand, maintaining his battle chant. At the sight of the smoke cloud, he reaches into his haversack and tosses a thunderstone through the doorway.

OOC: I've been having a lot of trouble loading the site lately.

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Glau tosses a thunderstone inside, and the shouts that he hears along with the sound of a falling body tells him that he struck true. The party hears another door being opened to the north, along with the hiss of more smoke bombs. Three bullets tear close to the corridor where the party stands, but only Kaeso is struck with a small nick to his left shoulder (-6 hps to Kaeso).

From the sounds you hear, it sounds as if the goblins are making a withdrawal north while maintaining covering fire.

Last edited:

Dekana

Explorer
"I took a round in their last volley. It's just a flesh wound though, hardly life threatening." If there are only two directions to go (back the way they came or north after the goblins), Kaeso takes cover behind his tower shield and proceeds slowly north after the goblins.

[but let me know if I got that wrong and there's another door that's open]

Deuce Traveler

Adventurer
Tsal takes a shot, and you hear a panicked scream from beyond the screen of smoke. The druid seems to have caused a rout, because you hear the clambering of fleeing feet.

The group surges through the smoke, Kaeso and Davian in the lead with the tower shield in front of them though the shots that ring against its surface are haphazard and few. On the ground lies a dead bugbear which shows signs of both slashing and gunfire wounds, while there are several cabinets upturned with green stains of goblin blood and signs of broken glass from a thunderstone attack. A single deaf goblin crawls in a stunned and disoriented manner, only to be run through by Kaeso.

Six other goblins and one other bugbear attempt to run through an open door to the north, and the lead goblin drops another smoke bomb at his feet while the bugbear turns to meet Skrymer's charge. Davian tries to back Skrymer up, but misses with his arrow shot as Skrymer closes in and finishes off the bugbear with a nasty swipe of his clawed right arm.

The trailing goblins scream at Skrymer's approach, yell something in goblin, and flee through the obscured door to the north. There is also a closed door to the south.

OOC: I made a rough map. You are currently in the room w/ the smoke. Doors you haven't gone through are marked red, while passages you haven't gone through are marked violet.

Attachments

• BasicMap.JPG
    BasicMap.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 74

Remove ads