Skills & Feats From PATHFINDER UNCHAINED

Pathfinder Unchained is imminent, and Paizo designer Mark Seifter has just provided a new look at the book - this time focusing on skills and feats. He mentions three skill variants- background, consolidated, and grouped skills. He also describes a variant multiclasing system and mentions that every combat feat gets new powers using Stamina, a new resource. It certainly sounds like some of these variant rules drive right to the core of the game! "Stamina is a new resource that allows martial characters to boost themselves and use their feats in new and exciting ways. It regenerates relatively quickly between battles, allowing you to enjoy an entirely new mindset to your daily exploration; a party of stamina-users benefits from hit and run guerilla tactics, emphasizing the value of mobility, stealth, and timing (as opposed to the mindset of "buff, buff, buff, speed through!")"

Pathfinder Unchained is imminent, and Paizo designer Mark Seifter has just provided a new look at the book - this time focusing on skills and feats. He mentions three skill variants- background, consolidated, and grouped skills. He also describes a variant multiclasing system and mentions that every combat feat gets new powers using Stamina, a new resource. It certainly sounds like some of these variant rules drive right to the core of the game! "Stamina is a new resource that allows martial characters to boost themselves and use their feats in new and exciting ways. It regenerates relatively quickly between battles, allowing you to enjoy an entirely new mindset to your daily exploration; a party of stamina-users benefits from hit and run guerilla tactics, emphasizing the value of mobility, stealth, and timing (as opposed to the mindset of "buff, buff, buff, speed through!")"

For more, click on the picture below!

PZO1131-Jirelle_360.jpeg

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I feel, think, and hope that if the fans of Pathfinder really show they love these rules it will lead to Pathfinder 2nd edition. As it will show Paizo that people are willing and ready after all these years to see some more changes to the game system that's now 15 years old in it's current incarnation (from D&D 3.0 to Pathfinder).

I really hope it leads to that.

This book makes me want to get into Pathfinder more now.

Thotas

First Post
Interesting assertion. Was there anything introduced in 3.5 Unearthed Arcana, which later became a core part of 4E? If I recall, most of the innovative concepts there were in the otherwise-innocuous Book of Nine Swords.

There are people out there, the late Harold Camping for example, who love to predict the end of the world. When it doesn't happen, they just revise their estimate. But it's always "soon". And if, by chance, the world ever does end, those people will be jumping up and down saying, "See! See! I told you this was coming! I saw all the signs! Why didn't you listen to me?".

The Prophets of Pathfinder 2.0 are kind of the same way.

Kramodlog

Naked and living in a barrel
PF Unchained and the Strategy Guide are signs that Paizo does not want to move away for the current rules of PF anytime soon.

Unchained is for players with experience who want to refresh their games. The Strategy Guide is for new players to the game. Helping new players master the rules and giving older players tools to keep playing the game, aren't signs they want to change anything.

Stacie GmrGrl

Adventurer
I'd love to see Paizo do their own take on the ideas put in Book of Nine Swords. That was my favorite 3.5 edition product. :)

I always did want to do a campaign where the power sources were Book of Nine Swords and Psionics and Ghostwalk and forget the whole arcane/divine magic ideas but I could never find a group to go along with it. I think a really cool fantasy world could be build around those power sources.

Remove ads

Remove ads