• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

skirmish bonus + attack spells

TheNovaLord

First Post
In complete arcana it ouline nicely all about weapon like spells and such.

Can you get a scout skirmish bonus with a ranged/touched attack spell (shocking graps, melfs et al), as long as you follow all the normal skirmish guidleines

JohnD

Moon-Lancer

First Post
Well as long as skirmish is vague. I don’t have it with me, but if doesn’t say anything about weapons and just says while making an attack roll or an attack after moving 10 feet, then it should work. I assume skirmish damage is like sneak attack and melfs acid arrow would do acid skirmish? that’s what I’m not sure about.

javcs

First Post
Warmage/Scout would probably have crappy BAB. Warmage is 1/2 (for some reason), Scout is 3/4.

That said, it could work, since most attack spells (when they use attack rolls) are touch attacks. But when you run into SR, you're stuck with your reduced Scout abilities to deal damage.

TheNovaLord

First Post
eeck. never realised BAB was so bad

warmage looks wonderful on paper, but having never played one (and no one in our group has)beginning to think they may be a bit sucky. Cant even see has having spell focus evoke+ greaterspell focus evoke really helps?

Remove ads