• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Skulls & Bones - Short campaign Ho!!

arnon

Explorer
In about 3-4 month I'll be running a short (4-5 sessions) campaign using Skulls & Bones.

1. Anyone got a good piraty adventure to recommend? I don't mind starting them above first level, but i rather have them between 1st-4th level somewhere...

2. I'm thinking of not allowing any spellcasting class (bokor and hougan) for the PCs to choose from... leaving the magic in the hands of the enemies, and that way making them maybe scarier.

3. I've only skimmed through, but I'm thinking that i will not be using all the rules for ship combat. moral, etc.. it's too much rules for me to remember. I'm thinking of just storytelling most of it, letting the PCs do some meaningful actions (if they want to), maybe let them roll some Proff.(sailing), Know.(navigation) checks and stuff like that...

arnon

arnon

Explorer
hmm... maybe i should have written ahoy?? :\

Yhea, short campaign (aka, several sessions so that our current DM would get some breathing space)

Stormborn

Explorer
Well, when you say piraty do you mean the PCs as pirates or pirates as their antagonists or what? Check out Adamant Entertainment's Buccaneers and Bokors that has adventures (some for low levels) and other cool stuff for the game. If you want to homebrew try this:

- The PCs are crew on board a Privateer that recieves a commision from the crown to transport a scholar who has a magical compass that he believes will lead him to the fountain of youth. Black Beard is known to be seeking the fountain as well and so their captain puts the PCs and the scholar on board a smaller ship, one they can crew with only a few NPCs to help, to find the fountain while the larger ship tries to draw Black Beard out. BB is no fool, however, and is playing the same game on his side and sends a ship of his own after them. The PCs must brave the dangers of the sea, buccaneers, BB's bokor, adn the dangers of a magical island.

- The PCs are buccaneers, mutineers who have been left on an island and now prey on ships from long canoes. However, a foolish merchant has anchored near their island to make repairs after a storm. Can the PCs steal the ship in the dead of night and then survive the navy frigate that has been dispatched to hunt down pirates?

- The PCs are crew on a merchant ship with a despotic captain. Rumors are flying of an impending mutiny. Whose side will they be on when it all comes down?

GlassJaw

Hero
For a short campaign, definitely make it a race to find some buried treasure on a mysterious island. Throw in some rival pirates racing to find it as well.

Remove ads