• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Slaine

Talath

Explorer
I picked up Slaine a year ago, but haven't really gotten around to running a game of it. Then last night, I told my gaming buddies to make 3rd level characters for a one shot (which might turn in to a campaign) game.

I own the main rulebook and the setting book "Tir Nan Og - The Land of the Young". Does anyone have any advice about running a Slaine game? Any interesting experiences running it?

So far, we have one character almost done. She is a 3rd level human thief who uses a few spells. Not sure about the other player yet.

the Jester

Legend
I'll give this a bump for ya, even though I've neither played nor dmed Slaine.

I did read it at Crothian's house, and found it to be a rich setting and an excellent rulebook, so I hope it works into a campaign for ya!

Crothian

First Post
I want to run it at some point, but haven't yet. I'd start the chjaracters as all part of the same tribe and deal with some small stuff at first like stealing cattle.

Kevin O'Reilly

First Post
Talath

The Invulnerable King is pretty good - can't go too wrong when one of the authors has the last name Kincaid...

Failing that, run a small quest. Have a local witch send them to the bogs to retrieve soemthing... On route have them meet with three wise women... each of whom gives them a smaller quest. This of course is the three aspects of the morrigon. If they succeed in each of these quests, increase their power for the final battle, if they fail, they see a crow watching them as they approach the final battle.

The final battle is of course a Formorian...

Hope this helps

Eben

First Post
It is a great game. But like some previous posters: I haven't gotten around to dming it either. It's next on our list though. As soon as we finish our current campaign we'll kick off the invulnerable king.
As all my players are fans of the graphic novels (too bad the 200AD comics seem hard to come by over here), so we're all very much looking forward to it.
You might want to post this again on the mongoose boards over at mortality. Perhaps there's a bit more actual gaming experience over there.

Remove ads